LtCol Tomko vs Roy Halladay
Create Post

LtCol Tomko vs Roy Halladay

A classic example that sometimes Marines just forget that other people aren't like us, don't talk like us, and are just too darn PC. http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/blog/big...rn=mlb-wp10286 .

As a Cardinal fan, I'm totally cool with his remark. Just maybe not on a televised broadcast.... or with anyone who isn't a Marine.

If it was just the comment about the Abram, okay. As inappropriate as it was, chalk it up to him being on TV, trying too hard to be funny, and just saying a stupid thing he didn't mean. Just give a little awkward chuckle and a, "just kidding" and move on as much as possible. But then he had to make the "I can say whatever I want, I'm a war fighter" line. At that point you just do a face palm and say, "SIR! C'MON!

I'm cool. I'm not getting worked up or anything. Perhaps you're misreading a typographical inflection in my post.

I know. We’re good

Of course talking about killing outside of war is not fine. Here is the point I was trying to get across by sharing this link: we, as Marines, say a bunch of stuff that isn’t “fine” when we are around each other and it is typically accepted as fine by us. How many running cadences do we have about drinking, sex, and general belittling of other branches and we call it “motivation”? But I doubt it would go over too well if I sang those cadences at the gym on the treadmill. My point is that we, need to be aware that we are a different breed than most people. We just need to know when we’re around other Marines and when we’re not.

really not a big deal, the Col. was just promoting the fighting capabilities of of our modern day warriors. I saw and heard the humor in his remarks and took it just as that. I often say things that others take the wrong way but it's natural to me because I am a Marine and I do see things a little differently than your average civilian. Even after being out for a very long time I see alot of situations I'd like to resolve with more than a few polite and gentle words.

Semper Fi...

joseywales
    Guest Free Member
    What does promoting the fighting capabilities have to do with saying they should blow up an opposing pitcher? I don't get it.
    What did that have to do with fighting capabilities?
    Doesn't make any sense at all

I'm saying it appeared to and sounded like he was using the opportunity to "brag" a little on the weaponry and capabilities of the Marines today. I don't think it was meant as personal attack on the opposing teams pitcher. Some may see it differently but to me it sounded like something meant to draw attention to the Marines' capabilities. The remark about being a warfighter and saying whatever I want , I thought was just humorous.

Semper Fi...

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    To me the meaning of the comments was that the pitcher is so good that the only thing that could stop him would be a tank. Anyone who could construe that as a serious comment or a threat needs their head examined.

Oh yes, anyone who disagrees should have his or her head examined. Wonderful.

Thread Information