Question about SKivvies (More grunt oriented question))
Create Post

Question about SKivvies (More grunt oriented question))

What are the regs on wearing Under Armour compression shorts and shirt instead of regular skivvies at SOI, in the fleet, and during deployments?

Son, I doubt that anyone is going to have you drop trou at any time and check to see what kind of skivies you have on. DUH!!!

aye aye sir

Under Armour made of polyester and other materials, unless it specifically states, tends to melt when exposed to flash flames / fire. Those compression shorts are nice but I wouldn't take the chance of having them melt to my junk and some people do check. Majority of underarmour is banned unless the Marine Corps specifically issues it to you.

That is why the USMC made / issues FROG (Flame Resistant Organizational Gear). Also, there are boxer briefs today that are flame resistant and will wick the sweat away.

Roger, I'm fine with the boxer type skivvies, my only problem is, when I get sweaty, they tend to stick to my body and rip right down the crotch when I squat.

I can't speak for SOI, but at MCT before hikes our instructors always had the squad leaders check every guy in their squad to make sure they weren't wearing under armor shirts. Never really said why though.

Damn so no under armour.... I guess I'm going to have to make a lot of trips to the PX for skivvies.

+1. Avoid fancy panties while in school.

The school atmosphere is geared towards teaching you rules and regulations - along with how to stay alive. I wouldn't suggest trying to wear non-regulation apparel during that time unless you ask and have it approved there. After hours (during leave or liberty), you should be fine with your Under Armor. So, bringing your fancy skivvies along won't hurt.

Once your out in the fleet, you should be 'AOK' to don (put on) your fancy underpants.

Then again, maybe with things the way they are now, with the gays and all, they will probably be holding skivie inspections daily and pass on al other inspections.

Hahahahaha

Dude, you can't even have protein powder at most Marine resident schools...let alone some out of reg clothes or gear.

As far as deployment, doubtful anyone will check but it certainly is within your squad leader/ATL's right to include that in PCC/PCI.

We just got 'special underwear' in-country and I am taking it with me back into the field when my rest and refit is done here at LNK. It looks like semi-loose fitting under armour boxer-briefs that is double layered. Its supposed to reduce infection...a lot of guys have been loosing testicles post-blast due to infection from shrapnel...I think this kind of acts as an anti-microbacterial layer and/or some sort of "run flat" type technology to seal up minor wounds suffered in the groin area. Regardless, word is once this product gets around more guys are supposed to be required to wear it when they go outside the wire....just like we are supposed to wear only FROG labeled gear outside the wire. It looks hot.

If you have a ripping problem I would look into your sizing. Also, be prepared for FROG pants to rip from the crotch down to the knee, or lower, when you take a knee. So don't free-ball it on patrol or you will have poppy plants slapping against your privates...and you'll be real self-concious when you are going waist-deep and deeper when doing river and canal crossings.

Thread Information