U.K. Marine Killed in Afghanistan Leaves Friends $160G for Las Vegas Party
Create Post

U.K. Marine Killed in Afghanistan Leaves Friends $160G for Las Vegas Party

A British Marine killed by a Taliban bomb in Afghanistan left $161,500 in his will -- so his friends could go on vacation to Las Vegas, The Sun reported Monday.
    Royal Marine David Hart, who had taken out a $403,800 life insurance policy before he was deployed to Afghanistan, stipulated in a letter that in the event of his death, his friends and their partners should travel to Sin City for a massive party in his memory.
    "In his letter David said he had had a great life and had no regrets about anything. He always said he would do something like this if something bad happened," friend Andy Hare said. "He said, 'Go and have a good time and spend all this money.'"
    Now, one year after 23-year-old Hart's death, 32 friends will fly to Nevada to honor his final wishes.
    Hart, a combat medic, also set aside money for his family as well as $80,700 for a charity for wounded Marines.
    "He was the best brother I could have wished for," Sarah Hart, 27, told the newspaper. "He was caring, funny and had an infamous grin. He would always be there for you. I'm proud to have been his sister and of his career as a commando."
    Lt. Col. Paul James characterized Hart as the "perfect Marine -- magnificent and in personality and profession."

Devon,England and in the winter my little family hideaway in Spain
    Credits
    Savings
    Thought you might like to see the original news article...

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...n-holiday.html

What a guy, and I am sure one hell of a Marine. I will never forget my time in England working the Royal Marines - what a great bunch of guys. They are a very tight knit group, too -- this doesn't surprise me a bit.

Hope the Marines have fun and salute their fallen comrade, just no naked bar in Vegas!

Thread Information