FEMALE Poolees! POST YOUR SHIP DATE/IST HERE! Do NOT start a new thread! - Page 6
Create Post
Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast
    Looks like we've got quite the bunch shipping the same date! Good Stuff ladies... feel free to add me on FB to keep in contact... Mel Livingston See ya'll in 10 days! Best of luck on your validations!

For those of you going to boot camp in a few days.....the best of luck to all of you!
    Pay attention to your Drill Instructors, and no matter how hard things get........stay focused and stay tough, both mentally and physically, and take it one day at a time. Remember, your Drill Instructors were once recruits just like you're going to be. They'll break you down and build you back up....the Marine Corps way!
    Give a 110% in everything that you do. There's no "I" in team............always help your fellow recruits out!

The very best to all of you on your journey to becoming United States Marines!

There's some photos I posted in this thread of the "receiving building" and 4th BN. Check it out if you already haven't........

Female Marine Advice Needed(ASAP PLEASE)
    http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/sh...t=92068&page=5

Future Marines, lets keep the 'chatter' to a minimum in this area, if you want to discuss the weather or anything else, please start a new thread, so this area is kept less cluttered and making it easier to search for other "Future" Marines.

Thanks!

20120213!

so I didnt get my run time down in time to leave 11 28 2011 so they moved it to sometime in Feb. They haven't told me the date yet but they want me to get it down and leave before then. =/ I'm trying soo hard but I am stuck at 16min/1.5.

Quote Originally Posted by JenWenthe View Post
    so I didnt get my run time down in time to leave 11 28 2011 so they moved it to sometime in Feb. They haven't told me the date yet but they want me to get it down and leave before then. =/ I'm trying soo hard but I am stuck at 16min/1.5.

well here is what i did. try the day before and the day of you running dont eat anything greasy or any fast food, dont eat 2 hrs before u run, drink extra water the day before, no soda on those days and go to the bathroom right before you run. try running on ur own and imagining someone u usually run with like another poolee is still behind u, if it helps get only one other poolee to run with you, once u get ahead keep it a game to stay ahead, just find someone that is either slower runner than u or someone who runs closer to ur time or even someone u know that would just run with u sometimes that isnt joining the Corps. keep it a game tho, u get ahead n if they go past then count to 5 or 10 then get back ahead, keep it fun on urself. say i gotta speed up im goin too slow in ur head or stuff to keep u motivated. when it hurts then remind urself what ur running for, to be a Marine!!! run with a stop watch and place a point to get there in like so long of a time like 2:30 or 1:15. itll keep u positive so u can make urself get faster when u want to. when it hurts just shuffle (fast looking walk, looks like ur running still) for a few secs and then speed up. find a breathing that works good for u, usually its long breath in ur mouth (2-3 steps) then quick out on ur next step. keep it paced. lean ur body forward some n head tucked a lil downward.

Ship Date: 2012 July 09
    IST Score:
    F.A.R: 32sec
    Crunches: 82
    Run (1.5 mile): 11m 07s
    (3 mile): 24m 42s

Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings

F.A.H.- 40sec
    Crunches- 85
    Run- 15:20

Trying to get that run time down >_<

FAH- 72 seconds
    Crunches- 105
    1.5 M Run- 14:30

New Leave date: 20120213 soo close!!

Fah: 50
    Crunches: 100
    Run: 16:00 <--- still working on it.

hey i leave 20120213 everyone that leaves on this date hmu so we get to know each other so we wont be lost at bootcamp

Ship date: January 23
    IST scores:
    92 sec flex arm hang
    80 crunches
    12:08 mile and a half

Question I haven't done an IST yet D:<

Ship date: 20120723

Thread Information