FEMALE Poolees! POST YOUR SHIP DATE/IST HERE! Do NOT start a new thread! - Page 15
Create Post
Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by teresab13456 View Post
    My ship date is 20140512 but I'm trying to get it moved to 20140303 or 20140310 but I need my IST scores to go up quickly.
    F.A.H: 28
    crunches: 50
    run:14:10
    any advice?
    I would not focus on the flexed arm hang and do pull ups instead. Get a cheap pull up bar that hangs from a door frame and do them 4-5 days a week. Do under-hand, over-hand, wide grip, neutral grip, and any other variation you can think of. Use a chair or resistance bands at first if you need to. Once you get good at pull ups and start building upper body strength, the FAH will be a breeze.

Do crunches, sit ups, rowers, flutter kicks, leg lifts, etc. daily to get better at crunches.

As for the run, just get out there and do it 5 or 6 days a week. I struggle with my run time and my recruiter just told me to get out there and put miles under my feet every day. I barely passed my first IST because I'm such a slow runner, but I've dropped a minute off my time in less than a month by just running daily. 4 days a week I do a slow, steady pace for 3 to 4 miles, and then I dedicate 1 or 2 days a week to speed work. Hill sprints and fartleks have helped tremendously!

...This post ended up being a lot longer than planned but I hope it helps in some way!

Quote Originally Posted by JonesMX View Post
    I would not focus on the flexed arm hang and do pull ups instead. Get a cheap pull up bar that hangs from a door frame and do them 4-5 days a week. Do under-hand, over-hand, wide grip, neutral grip, and any other variation you can think of. Use a chair or resistance bands at first if you need to. Once you get good at pull ups and start building upper body strength, the FAH will be a breeze.

Do crunches, sit ups, rowers, flutter kicks, leg lifts, etc. daily to get better at crunches.

As for the run, just get out there and do it 5 or 6 days a week. I struggle with my run time and my recruiter just told me to get out there and put miles under my feet every day. I barely passed my first IST because I'm such a slow runner, but I've dropped a minute off my time in less than a month by just running daily. 4 days a week I do a slow, steady pace for 3 to 4 miles, and then I dedicate 1 or 2 days a week to speed work. Hill sprints and fartleks have helped tremendously!

...This post ended up being a lot longer than planned but I hope it helps in some way!
    Thanks ! I'm really nervous to get my ship date moved because I want to be sure I can pass my IST I'm working hard at trying to get everything to go up cuz I'm almost there so close but I have about a month. Do you think it can be done?

I wouldn't expect drastic changes, but you can definitely improve within a month! Your scores are already within passing standards for the Boot Camp IST. Does your recruiting station have a certain score before allowing you to ship? I think ours is something like 3 pull ups, 60 crunches, and a 14:00 run time, which is definitely do-able with a month to train.

Ship date got moved up to 20140324

iST scores
    14:36 1.5 mi run
    67 crunches
    52 sec FAH

Working real hard to improve those scores.

Ship date got moved, again. I leave 20140224 which is in a week & a half.
    Current ist scores
    13:12 run
    60 sec fah
    70 crunches

Ship date now 20140428. Anyone else going that day?

Most recent IST:
    pull ups: 11
    crunches:101
    run time: 12:59

I am terrified.
    my ship date 20140428
    pull ups- none
    flex arm hang- 30 sec
    crunches-36
    run- not sure

I have about a month to transform. God Help me

I have the same ship date

My ship date got moved back up to 20140407 again! Hard to believe that in 8 days I'll be on my way to Parris Island.

Final IST
    Pull ups: 12
    Crunches: 110
    Run: 12:40

Hey ladies!! My name is Bethany!!! I leave May 27th 2014! But I am currently on stand-by!
    My IST is 106 crunches
    50 Second arm hang
    and a 12 minute run!!
    I have room for improvement!

1.5 mile run: 16:15
    Crunches: 60
    Flexed Arm Hang: 15 seconds
    Pull-Ups: 0

I Have The Same Ship Date As You! I Am Really Close To You On All If My Scores. What Are You Doing To Prepare Yourself?

Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings

Thumbs up Anyone ship on my day?

IST
    FAH:78s
    Crunches:84
    1.5 run:12:45

If anyone has advice for getting ready for boot camp let me know!!

February 3, 2015.
    Crunches: 101
    Flexed arm-hang : 54 sec.
    Run: 14:45
    Working on the run daily though (:

My birthday is on Black Friday... and I'm not talking after Thanksgiving.

Pull-ups: 7
    Crunches: 151
    Run Time: 11:37
    Flexed Arm Hang: I've never done one.

Thread Information