55 Years Ago
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 55 Years Ago

55 Years Ago

Fifty Five years ago today as a 21 year old Buck Sgt. I made the big step and married my high school sweetheart. Now after three children, six grandchildren and four great grandchildren we are enjoying the retirement life and plan our lives around doctor appointments. Who woulda thought it.

Can't Drive 55

Congrats!

Congratulations. Me and my wife just celebrated 10 years together. I gotta long way to go.

looking back.

Congratulations Willie, It ain't easy surviving that many years with the same womao, and I've got the scars to prove it. I've made it through 59, going for 60. It worries me though, because she just went out and bought a new double barrelled rolling pin, and I can't find my damned helmet! Be good to each other Brother. S/F!! Ken

Phantom Blooper
    Guest Free Member
    Congratulations Gunny Willie....wishing you both many more years!

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    WOW! Congratulations!

You've been married longer than I've been alive.

Mongoose
    Guest Free Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Marine View Post
    Fifty Five years ago today as a 21 year old Buck Sgt. I made the big step and married my high school sweetheart. Now after three children, six grandchildren and four great grandchildren we are enjoying the retirement life and plan our lives around doctor appointments. Who woulda thought it.
    I married mine too. Shes gone now. But left me with 7 kids, 14 grand kids, two great grand kids.

No competition!!

Billy and Willie, i don't want to brag, but I'm going to anyway. My bride and i cooperated in the production of 6 Kids, Three boys and an equal number of girls, all of them very productive. 22 grands, and 7 G-Grands, and the grands are just getting started. Scarey ain't it?

My ex only hung around for 4 years then swooped with Jody and our schnauzer. Oh well, life in the tropics and it was her loss anyway. No kids in the picture (that I know of that is). That experience screwed my brain-housing group up pretty bad so I've always been gun shy with serious relationships since then (won't allow myself to get burned twice). Being a single career SNCO sure made my life a lot simpler I must say.

Congratulations Willie and all the others who kept the flame burning for so many years.

Credits
    Savings
    Images

Thumbs up They don't make Em like You anymore Gunny & Ken

That's something to be very Proud of...My Cover goes off too You Men,Maybe this time I'll get it Right? S/F GodBless Ya...

Marine Friend Free Member USNAviator's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Congrats Gunny to you and your bride. May you have many more happy years together

Fair winds

Congrats!!! Gunny And Wife Godbless And May You All Have Many More!!!
    Semper Fi

Stephen Doc Hansen Hm3fmf

joseywales
    Guest Free Member
    congratulations Old Marine. I wont go into anything aboug ex wifes this aint the place for that, this is strictly congrats on a fine marriage anniversary. Semper Fi, Old Marine, and congrats

Credits
    Savings

Wish you all many more!!!

I pray to GOD that you and your little lady have many many more years of happiness together with a very enjoyable retirement. Please slow up on those Doctor appointments though. I am not even close in the running for ex-wives,children,grand children etc.etc.

Congratulations Gunny!

Thread Information