Do combat engineers ever really see combat? - Page 3
Create Post
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Credits
    Savings
    Born again, 1st keep your eyes & ears open, your mouth shut, dont ask "Why me" when tolled to do some thing. 2nd yes CE's see combat, CE's also die in combat. Good luck with boot camp.

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by Bornagain View Post
    Hoooly crap. I just reread allof my post and words can not express how much of an idiot I feel like XD. pretty embarrasing

Jake,
    someday ,
    it'll be your turn answering the questions to the FNG's

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by m14ed View Post
    Jake,
    someday ,
    it'll be your turn answering the questions to the FNG's
    Change FNG's to WannaBees

Jesus christ, seeing some of the "marine" responses from this thread seriously gave me a ****ing headache..

I am an 0311, currently deployed, and I can tell you right now that the CE's that I work with now have been through the same **** that I have. They're pretty much grunts with C4 and they sweep with CMDs / valons (metal detectors). that being said, i dont know what your chances are of getting attached to a grunt batallion.

Thanks for the information wisontc 11. I didn't want to bring this post back up I just had read it and other post that I've made. As you can see if you read them I posted some ignorant questions and replys, at times in a disrespectful tone, and I just wanted anyone that stumbles upon them like I did to know that I am in no way that same little disrespectful annoyance. Questions like are 0331 and 0311 the only infantryman that get the glory of being called a grunt, ect. I just made myself look stupid. Not to make a big deal about everything I just wanted it to be known that I've done quite a bit of maturing in this past year and now that I'm older and have had time to think about things and be around Marines more often I don't want peopel to look at that stuff from before and think that's what I'm like. Thanks again for your reply.

Quote Originally Posted by ZSKI View Post
    I was never scared to be infantry i just thought becoming it was retarded. Have my body fall apart in a matter of years and have no skills leaving. You cant put do 30 mile ruck marches on most resume. Sounds like u made up your mind anyway

Indeed. 4 years in, 2 left to go. I'm 22 with the back of a 50 year old man

Quote Originally Posted by m14ed View Post
    There is no PERFECT MOS in the Marine Corps.
    Bragging Rights go to the Grunts.
    Some of us who Trailed along
    were in various stages somewhere between
    laughter and tears, sometimes even considered
    panic -one time or another.-
    Be carefull what you wish for, you may just get it.
    Bornagain... this is the most valuable advice you've received yet.

Thread Information