PT within recruit station?
Create Post
    Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings

PT within recruit station?

Since I cannot ask this in Poolee forum ill ask it here. This is to current Poolee's or Marines. I'm 16 years old and my friend's brother is a Marine and he said that when your at the age of 16 you can go to a recruiter and they will let you PT with them. Anybody know if this is a true statement or has even heard of such a thing? Kinda late question due to me turning 17 in 4 months but I will be happy of any answer. Thanks Future Marines and current Marines

About BJB
    First Name
    Brad
    Last Name
    James
    Age 20
    Join Date 03-13-11

Well, just exactly how old are you.....you're saying you're only 16, and your profile has that you're 20. Which one is it?

Credits
    Savings
    16 Usually joke on the age due to age limits that forums have. Sorry, Will change if I can even find out how to.

Quote Originally Posted by BJB View Post
    16 Usually joke on the age due to age limits that forums have. Sorry, Will change if I can even find out how to.
    Well...lying about your age on this forum is not a joke as far as I'm concerned although it's not the worst of infractions I've seen here.
    Age limits are imposed on some forums for valid reasons which are not for anyone to question.
    If you are not old enough for some forums then be resourceful and get your answers in other ways or on other sites....not by lying....it's a bad habit to justify for any reason.
    I would get it fixed as I feel sure it's not that difficult.

That's my take on it...good luck...

It's all up to the actual Recruiters. If they will allow you to come in and PT with them then you should be good to go.

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by SSgt Lamie View Post
    It's all up to the actual Recruiters. If they will allow you to come in and PT with them then you should be good to go.
    If they do allow you, do you know who I will be PTing with?

You'll PT with them (the recruiters), other recruits/wannabes or Marines that are on RA. For the most part I did a lot of the PT both times I was on RA.

I'd say 'no'. Liability reasons to begin with.

FURTHERMORE, lying here gets you TOSSED FROM HERE. Fix your age thing or you are gone.

READ our rules and regulations posted at the top of the forums here.

Stop by your local recruiting office and ask them directly (don't call, talk to them in person).

Quote Originally Posted by BJB View Post
    If they do allow you, do you know who I will be PTing with?
    Been there! I had the same question when I was your age. I went to the recruiter but was not allowed to PT due to liabilty. As soon as I turned 17, I was allowed, without it I would've had a hard time in boot. As far as who will be training you, recruiters, senior poolees, and sometimes marines on RA (recruiters assistance). I did RA a few times. My final time I did it for a month. I was in great shape, in fact I had a 295 PFT! I trained the hell out of the pools but I also took the time to answer their questions and ease some silly fears they had. They might let you train at 16 but I'm sure they'll need to talk with a parent.

Thread Information