Tattoos after Earning the Title
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Tattoos after Earning the Title

Made this post to see who plans on getting a USMC tattoo after earning the title and possible post the tattoo they want to get. I'll Start.

I want to get something that is a combo of the Marine Corps, my MOS, Faith, and USA. I'm thinking about getting my first USMC tattoo after my first deployment though...

How bout you guys?

Can we get a tat on our 10 day leave between boot and MCT i want the EGA on my left peck.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray4 View Post
    Can we get a tat on our 10 day leave between boot and MCT i want the EGA on my left peck.
    You left peck is always covered so yea you should be able too. But I think you have to do paperwork for it because it needs to be documented.

Something with chesty killing the firemonster dragon thing from the recruiting commercials, thatd be pretty salty

Possibly a bulldog and USMC under said dog... Not quite sure yet, but definitely looking forward to it.

Marine Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Kind of stupid that i got it from a t-shirt but whatever i thought it was ill.

I was thinking of getting one prolly something like USMC, or property of USMC. But I intend to wait till I hit the fleet, just incase something else changes.

Well for the intel poolees I'm going to advise against it, you never know what you're going to be doing out of the Corps. Tattoos can be used to identify you quite easily.

I do want to get a tattoo eventually, but definately not right after boot camp. I've seen some pretty crazy ones that people get on boot leave, for example, I saw a pic of a guy that got pretty much his whole back covered with a devil dog (pretty dumb IMO). I just don't know what is going to happen, who knows I may decide later on that I want to be an officer...getting tattoos now would basically erase that option so I'll wait.

That being said, I would eventually want an EGA tattoo over my heart, possibly with my years of service underneath and the words "Semper Fidelis" around there somewhere too.

Oh I'm certainly all for it as long as you're not a tard about it. I just don't think it's for me, as much pride I have in the Marine Corps I don't want people knowing that I'm even enlisting. Everyone's got opinions and frankly I don't care for them.

No

Why not get a brand?

Yeah, but nothing USMC related. We had a dude at our RSS who earned his title, who got a big ol Eagle, Globe, Anchor on his back, but popped on a poly he needed for his MOS and is now breaking rocks at Quantico from what I hear. Not sure that tattoo is much good now, because he certainly ain't getting an honorable discharge. I think I'll wait once I've settled down so I can avoid any suprises. Last thing I need is to get booted out because I broke the tattoo policy on my ten day leave.

Last edited by DudefromDiego; 06-20-11 at 08:59 PM. Reason: Makin teh typoz.

Quote Originally Posted by DudefromDiego View Post
    Yeah, but nothing USMC related. We had a dude at our RSS who earned his title, who got a big ol Eagle, Globe, Anchor on his back, but popped on a poly he needed for his MOS and is now breaking rocks at Quantico from what I hear. Not sure that tattoo is much good now, because he certainly ain't getting an honorable discharge. I think I'll wait once I've settled down so I can avoid any suprises. Last thing I need is to get booted out because I broke the tattoo policy on my ten day leave.
    Thats what im on about, wait till you hit the fleet then talk to your snco about it. Last thing you need to do besides what that fellow did is get one that is outside regs or get one then the policy changes and you need to now get grandfatherd in.

Sure if you can get grandfathered in you are still in but you may not be able to re-enlist or even become an officer.

Quote Originally Posted by DudefromDiego View Post
    I was told to check with your CO to make sure its ok and then make sure the tattoo is documented in your service record (Or something along those lines).

Did he pop on the poly because he tried to lie about his tattoo?

Thread Information