can i join if my dad hates government under obama?
Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

can i join if my dad hates government under obama?

hi. I have always wanted to be a marine and go infantry 'cause i want to be a marine, get respect and save lives. I also want to challenge myself a bit. But my dad hates obama and tells me that i'd be serving a corrupt government and that i'd waste my life. He also says that the country is bankrupt and that i'd be fighting for a country that wouldnt be around in a year or so and that all marines do is pick up cigarettes. Im a bit discouraged but still thinking about joining. I would really appreciate it if someone who was in the marines could tell me what it was like. Oh, and also if i join am i joining to serve obama or the constitution? thanks.

No profile, no answers (site rules).

Police calling!

Mmmm lets not forget cover and aligning rocks!

Quote Originally Posted by Caesar Augustus View Post
    Police calling!

Mmmm lets not forget cover and aligning rocks!
    I always enjoyed raking the rocks in front of the barracks every morning, then again every afternoon, and again every evening. And again whenever someone would place a boot mark in those precious rocks... Ok, maybe I'm exaggerating a little, but it's my memory and will remember how I chose.

Quote Originally Posted by boomer56328 View Post
    I always enjoyed raking the rocks in front of the barracks every morning, then again every afternoon, and again every evening. And again whenever someone would place a boot mark in those precious rocks... Ok, maybe I'm exaggerating a little, but it's my memory and will remember how I chose.
    Oh I forgot the raking. I missed that. What I really miss however was in Iraq the barracks we stayed in were Sadaams old Iranian Torture Chambers aka ITC and the windows were nonexistent so we filled them with sandbags and well some were green and some were brown and we all know how if things aren't uniform weapons jam, vehicles blow up and Marines start gunning each other down, so we had to empty god knows how many sandbags in the middle of august in one day(since of course as a line company we had a REAL job to do) along with clearing any large rocks from in front of the barracks because the dumbass 1stSgt couldn't manage to use a taclight at night and tripped and hurt himself one night....

Sadly that story is completely true to life, havock on here might have heard about that story during our deployment lol

Quote Originally Posted by Caesar Augustus View Post
    we all know how if things aren't uniform weapons jam, vehicles blow up and Marines start gunning each other down
    HA. So true.

Marine Friend Free Member USNAviator's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennessee Top View Post
    No profile, no answers (site rules).
    x2

What about unhelpful ones?

go away just go away little boy and leave us men alone

With some of these questions, I often wonder if some of these people came from those rocks you talk about raking.

Quote Originally Posted by Old Marine View Post
    With some of these questions, I often wonder if some of these people came from those rocks you talk about raking.

Join and after you join to prove you are a good American then turn your father in obama for re-edcucation

I can't believe that out of 15 replies, not one of you caught that "Marine" is not capitalized in the original post!
    To the original poster: please read the forum rules and fill out your profile...we will then be more than happy to give you whatever information you are looking for. Carry on.

Marine Friend Free Member USNAviator's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave2571 View Post
    We caught it, we figured it was like worrying about a dirty fork as you sit down to dinner on the Titanic, though, given the rest of his post. LOL

Speaking of the Titanic Dave, wasn't that your first cruise with the Corps?

Thread Information