Ship date moved, trouble with IST
Create Post

Question Ship date moved, trouble with IST

Hi, Marines. If any of you can help me out here, I'd greatly appreciate it. I was originally set to ship in November, then my recruiter told me I could get the job I wanted - linguist/signals intel - and the date was moved to June 20th.

I signed up about 3 months ago. I am not an athlete by any means... so my question is, if I mess up my run time and can't get shipped on Monday, am I out of the Corps for good? I've been making progress but not quickly enough, and now it's the last week. I'm running it again tomorrow, but I kind of want to know what my options are... I just want to join the Corps, and was ready to do so without getting the job I wanted, so losing this job would not devastate me by any means. I suppose I'm just wondering what will happen if I can't ship Monday; I want to know if that's the end, or if I can get a different MOS and train up. Thanks for your time.

There are probably 2-3 recruiters who do belong to this site who would be able to answer this for you, but your best bet is to TALK with your recruiter.

When I enlisted you would have your ship date moved back and you may or may not lose your job but you are by no means going to have to worry about not eventually going to boot camp.

Red 624, You should be fine. Do the best you can. That is all that can be asked of you at this time. The fact that your Recruiter/SNCOIC has moved you up is an indication that they think you can handle it. Don't worry about your job at this point. If you do well enough on your IST you move on to the Depot. If not your Recuiter/SNCOIC will have to delay and find another to fill that ship spot. Your Program is good right now until 30 Sept. Semper Fi.

Thanks a lot, Marines. As long as I go, I don't care when. I just want to get the best run time I can, not the minimum required. Thanks again.

Thread Information