Bah
Create Post

Thread: Bah

Bah

Hi, so I am still waiting to ship off to bootcamp but plan to get married right after. Once I am married where do i go an who do I talk to about filling out the correct paper work for BAH and such?

IPAC. Don't worry they will pay you. But like any other marine on here will tell you. Don't get married for the money. And before you post back with "its not for the money" just think about it because the comments will flow on this topic!

I had no plans on getting married at all for a long long time when I dep'ed in but my girlfriend is pregnant, so I understand and I am not doing it for the money. ha

Congratulations on stepping up to the plate and doing the right thing.

After bootcamp, you'll be going to SOI or MCT so take your original marriage certificate to the administrative office there as soon as you check in. The marriage certificate is the source document used to establish your wife as your legal dependant (the original birth certificate will be the source document for the child).

Your wife will need to get enrolled in the DEERS system as soon as you're married for life/medical insurance benefits purposes. She can enroll on any base or reserve unit. Contact the DEERS office where she will enroll in advance to make sure she knows what documents to bring (she cannot enroll without all the appropriate documentation).

Your recruiter should be able to give you advice as well.

Good luck.

Thanks for the info, it will help a bunch.

Thread Information