Ship in 4 days
Create Post

Thread: Ship in 4 days

Ship in 4 days

Hello all,
    I'm a poolee, leaving for boot in 4 days. I'm 6'1" 160lbs. I can clear the ist no problem, I can do over a hundred crunches, ~10:00 1.5 mile, and 12 pull ups (13 on a good day). Scored a 97 on the asvab. I know my general orders, Marines hymn, leadership traits, and leadership principles. I know a good amount of Marine Corps history. Lastly, I also know how to march. (jrotc) Idk what else to do to prepare, I work out at least 2 hours a day, 3 or 4 hours if I'm really uppity. My real question is, how bad of a time do you think I will have at boot camp? I would LOVE to be the guide or squad leader, I know I'm above the game as far as fitness and knowledge but all I ever read on here is how hard it will be for someone who's ill-prepared. I had a choice between college (UC Santa Barbara) and the marines, I consider myself pretty intelligent. Also the mental aspect as well. Thank you in advance for your responses. Oh wait sorry and my mos falls under 65xx.

You'll do fine. Come back and let us know when you've earned the title and good luck.

Thread Information