DRUGS: Marine With An Army Question About My Brother-In-Law
Create Post

DRUGS: Marine With An Army Question About My Brother-In-Law

I'm a Marine, but this question is in regards to my brother-in-law who is in the Army.

I just feel like something else is going on, and I want to try to intervene before he does something stupid with his military career (as if joining the Army wasn't bad enough).

My brother-in-law was recently scheduled to ship out to MOS/AIT school last month on a Friday. His story doesn't add up to me, so I'm just curious of everyone's input. I'm a little concerned.

He did split training in the Army. Boot camp last summer and MOS/AIT this summer.

He was supposed to leave on a Friday. He went to MEPS and then made it to the airport, where his recruiters apparently told him that he would have to wait until Monday to leave. So he drives two hours back home. Monday rolls around and he supposedly does the same thing. Gets to the airport and then his driver's license disappears so he can't ship then either.

I don't ever remember needing a driver's license to report to any training or duty stations.

He applies for a new driver's license, gets a temporary one and they tell him that he has to wait for the real one, but if he doesn't get it within 4 days that he'll have to wait 3 months to go to AIT. The real one didn't come. Now his story is that he has to wait 3 months to go to AIT.

The story is not adding up and he's come home recently smelling like a high school party (if you know what I mean).

Anyone ever heard of shipping to ARMY AIT being this difficult?

Credits
    Savings
    To be Motor T you need one could that be his mos

Motor T have to have a valid license. Maybe he just doesn't want to go back to training. He's been home for year correct? He may have got complacent and now doesnt want to go back to training since its the summer. Maybe those nights of coming home smelling like a high school party has gotten into his urine and that worries him checking into AIT.

Maybe he needs his azz kicked up between his shoulder blades. Can you handle that?

Talking Here's what I think !

Quote Originally Posted by Old Marine View Post
    Maybe he needs his azz kicked up between his shoulder blades. Can you handle that?

I agree !

Credits
    Savings
    You guys are pulling my leg..

Since when have you been required to have a CIVILIAN drivers license
    to operate Military Equipment/Motor Vehicles ????

Quote Originally Posted by m14ed View Post

I had a military drivers license to drive a hummv. Except I pretty much drove everything else instead.

DRIVERS LICENSE I GOT ISSUED ONE IN ROOSEVELT ROADS TO DRIVE THE CRACKER BOX OOOOOOOOORRRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAHH. and issued one in jackson ville nc. for the bas van

SEMPER FI

stephen doc hansen hm3 FMF

Quote Originally Posted by m14ed View Post

I think you do have to have one now. That wasn't always the case though. We had a few drivers back in the day who never drove anything until they went to the HMMWV course. One dude used to be scared to death every time he drove. It was always interesting riding with him.....

Army works differently and he'll HAVE to have the civvie license. Still it sounds like he doesn't want to go for sure.

I beleive they call it AWOL in the Army, Not to sure though.

In addition to being in the Marine Corps, I did three years on active duty in the Army and two years in the Army Reserve. I don't know what the deal is with the OP's brother-in-law, but I can say that the Army often does things that are weird.

It sounds kind of far-fetched that the Army isn't taking him because he doesn't have a driver's license. I can think of a few more possibilities:

1) He's not going to the MEPS at all and he's making the story up (for whatever reason).

2) He's actually going to the MEPS, but he's actively working on not getting processed into the Army. I saw people (officers and enlisted) do this when I was mobilizing for Iraq. Some of them had to work very hard not to go, but were pretending to be trying to go.

3) He's being truthful that the Army won't take him right now, but is lying about the reason.

Thread Information