Where to live in my 10 days leave? - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thank you all for the imput. I don't have a car so I can't really go anywhere. I heard about SAC company before, I guess I will just check in there right after boot. I'm alright with being work given. I heard you get most weekends off at ITB and the fleet so it doesn't really bother me not getting the 10 days of leave.

Thank you all again.

Quote Originally Posted by jeonpaolo View Post
    Thank you all for the imput. I don't have a car so I can't really go anywhere. I heard about SAC company before, I guess I will just check in there right after boot. I'm alright with being work given. I heard you get most weekends off at ITB and the fleet so it doesn't really bother me not getting the 10 days of leave.

Thank you all again.
    You won't be getting weekends off in ITB unless they changed things or you have a really lax 1stSgt. In the fleet when you first get there you may not have much free time especially if your unit is preparing to deploy. We had a huge boot drop right after we got back and within two months we were in the field training and what not and weren't going to have a chance for leave.

Just saying you'd be better of getting a cab, finding a hotel, spend 300 bucks and have fun. Go to Palm Springs and stay there and party, then report to ITB

Quote Originally Posted by Caesar Augustus View Post
    You won't be getting weekends off in ITB unless they changed things or you have a really lax 1stSgt. In the fleet when you first get there you may not have much free time especially if your unit is preparing to deploy. We had a huge boot drop right after we got back and within two months we were in the field training and what not and weren't going to have a chance for leave.

Just saying you'd be better of getting a cab, finding a hotel, spend 300 bucks and have fun. Go to Palm Springs and stay there and party, then report to ITB
    Lol im just worried i won't have enough money to fund myself for 10 days. A hotel, travel and all that other good stuff for 10 days sounds kinda pricy LCpl. Would you think I will have enough money to do all that on my E-1 (maybe E-2) pay from boot? If I will, I most certainly will do that.

Lol im just worried i won't have enough money to fund myself for 10 days. A hotel, travel and all that other good stuff for 10 days sounds kinda pricy LCpl. Would you think I will have enough money to do all that on my E-1 (maybe E-2) pay from boot? If I will, I most certainly will do that.
    As an E-1 you'll have close to three thousand dollars. If they're still giving away dress blues(which I had to pay forlol) you should have at least 2500 after uniforms etc. You'll be fine and if you go to Palm Springs or at worst, hit up 29 Stumps and stay there and you'll be sure to fiind Marines who are going out all the time who would help you out. Trust me Marines will take care of you. Or go to the closest VFW and some salty Marine will get you plastered and tell you stories of the Old Corps

Marine Friend Free Member USNAviator's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Not my area but I'll chime in. Look for places such as Candlewood Suites, Home Wood Suites. Any extended stay motel. A lot of them will give you a break if you stay more than 7 days and also if you're in the military, they usually knock off 10%. Here in Virginia, you can get a single room at a Candlewood Suites, fully equipped kitchen, cable, free internet for about $79/night. Negotiate with them, you might do better given how high the vacancy rates are right now

Quote Originally Posted by USNAviator View Post
    Not my area but I'll chime in. Look for places such as Candlewood Suites, Home Wood Suites. Any extended stay motel. A lot of them will give you a break if you stay more than 7 days and also if you're in the military, they usually knock off 10%. Here in Virginia, you can get a single room at a Candlewood Suites, fully equipped kitchen, cable, free internet for about $79/night. Negotiate with them, you might do better given how high the vacancy rates are right now
    I couldn't remember specific names but thats what I was referring to. Its usually like 199(in texas) or maybe at most 300 for a weeks stay and true I know when I graduated from boot camp in 04 Cali was all about giving free things to us. If you stay in SD you can use public transport to get around and see what you won't be seeing for a bit while you're in ITB

Marine Friend Free Member USNAviator's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    I couldn't remember specific names but thats what I was referring to. Its usually like 199(in texas) or maybe at most 300 for a weeks stay and true I know when I graduated from boot camp in 04 Cali was all about giving free things to us. If you stay in SD you can use public transport to get around and see what you won't be seeing for a bit while you're in ITB

Exactly, the longer he stays the cheaper it is. OP do a search for extended stay motels in the area. I'm sure there are quite a few of them.. They only do maid service once a week so they can keep their costs down. Most come with a full size fridge, two burner stove, large microwave, free cable/internet. At Candlewood Suites they also let you borrow free DVD's to watch in your room. How do I know all this? When my wife and I were waiting for our house to be built, we lived in one for close to 8 months. We got a hell of a deal, $39/night

Quote Originally Posted by USNAviator View Post
    Exactly, the longer he stays the cheaper it is. OP do a search for extended stay motels in the area. I'm sure there are quite a few of them.. They only do maid service once a week so they can keep their costs down. Most come with a full size fridge, two burner stove, large microwave, free cable/internet. At Candlewood Suites they also let you borrow free DVD's to watch in your room. How do I know all this? When my wife and I were waiting for our house to be built, we lived in one for close to 8 months. We got a hell of a deal, $39/night
    I know this because I lived in a small town(1300) when I needed a place to stay and not only did the guy give me a military discount he also offered maid service at least towels, and sheets daily and coffee.

Do only reserve bases have "hotels" on base. I know the NASJRB here has one and its cheap.

Thank you Commander and LCpl I will look into entended stay hotels/motels right before I ship.

LCpl, you got at least 2500 from boot? Thats pretty good. All my friends who just became Marines with E-2 pay said they only got around 2700 from boot. They must be raising prices of items you purchase during boot recently then lol. Oh well.

Thank you Commander and LCpl I will look into entended stay hotels/motels right before I ship.

LCpl, you got at least 2500 from boot? Thats pretty good. All my friends who just became Marines with E-2 pay said they only got around 2700 from boot. They must be raising prices of items you purchase during boot recently then lol. Oh well.
    Well I may be off a bit, I graduated in early 04 lol. I'm just going off the fact that you make somewhere around 1100-1200(DoD is specific) per month so after taxes and unis I'd figure 2500-2700 would be what you leave with. If you go in as an E-2 its more.

Well I may be off a bit, I graduated in early 04 lol. I'm just going off the fact that you make somewhere around 1100-1200(DoD is specific) per month so after taxes and unis I'd figure 2500-2700 would be what you leave with. If you go in as an E-2 its more.
    Ahhhhh. Still not bad, considering I never had a job that paid more than 200 bucks lol.

I can't imagine some family of a new Marine from your platoon wouldn't be willing to help you out either.

Worst comes to worse, look for a hot, older woman, maybe an aunt and hope she is a cougar and I'm sure she'll take care of you as long as you take "care" of her.

Worst comes to worse, look for a hot, older woman, maybe an aunt and hope she is a cougar and I'm sure she'll take care of you as long as you take "care" of her.
    LOL!

Thread Information