The USMC Girlfriends' Creed - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Someone shoot me, that was the gayest **** I've ever read. Saw it because it was up on the recent post.

Oh please now WMs are so sensitive they don't like that term. Cry me a river.

I always thought WM meant Wookie Monster. Walking mattress is funny too though. The closest I came to working with a female was on the Pelileu when they gave me mess duty. There was a "female Marine" working on the line. I spent my time back in the pot shack so I never really talked to her much. I did always wonder why the term "Woman Marine" ****ed them off so much. The term has been around forever and it didn't bother the thousands of females who served and were called Woman Marines. I'm not a female so I probably just don't get it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tegan View Post
    OK, you were in recently enough to know that any "WM" you meet, doesn't like to be called that because all you males think it means "walking mattress" or something to that effect. I am fine with being called a Marine, but if you must, Female Marine is accepted.
    I was in a all male MOS so it was a rare occasion to be around one, let alone talk to one.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    I am a PROUD WM and, until the Women Marines Association changes it's name, I'm stickin with it.

Quote Originally Posted by boomer56328 View Post
    I always thought WM meant Wookie Monster. Walking mattress is funny too though. The closest I came to working with a female was on the Pelileu when they gave me mess duty. There was a "female Marine" working on the line. I spent my time back in the pot shack so I never really talked to her much. I did always wonder why the term "Woman Marine" ****ed them off so much. The term has been around forever and it didn't bother the thousands of females who served and were called Woman Marines. I'm not a female so I probably just don't get it.
    No its probably because you're just not an itty bitty sensitive wuss. Give me a break like we weren't called names much much worse in boot camp or when you first got to the fleet.

Hearing WMs ***** about this just adds to the disdain. Another reason they shouldn't be in combat. They might get offended if someone called them cock gobbler, asswipe etc in jest or in anger for screwing up

Quote Originally Posted by Marine84 View Post
    I am a PROUD WM and, until the Women Marines Association changes it's name, I'm stickin with it.

SEMPER FI!!!

For those who proudly earned that title (Woman Marine) they will get in your (or the new gurlz) face about it. Once upon a time they were very very proud of it.

As far as the other stuff, If I catch anyone else female/WM bashing 'round these parts, you'll be shown the door.

No kiddin. I equate that sorta stuff just about up there with racial slurs. You got complaints about INDIVIDUAL Marines, fire away.

Otherwise, leave 'em at the door.

I don't see any of the Marines in here saying anything that every other Marine thinks about WMs. If they get all butthurt over the term WM thats pretty damn pathetic as it is considering we male Marines sure as hell get called tons of **** by our own and we don't cry foul. I don't get all ****y and pull the race card if I'm called a dark green Marine.

Then again if they met the same physical standards as we are made to maybe WM wouldn't exist.....

<---Leaves discussion for fear of reprisals.....

And I agree (about the WM thing 100 percent).

And...believe it or not I happen to be an advocate of everyone (gurl/boyz) meeting the EXACT same standard. And not some watered down standard, either. So we are on the same page.

I know there are strong feelings on this on both sides...my job (here) is to make sure things remain civil...

I don't envy you having to do that.

Seems as if you can't stop being forced to be a Sgt no matter where you go lol.

I did however usually mean WM to mean wookie monster or some variation of that. Reminds me one time I was walking to the parking lot behind the barracks in Lejeune and there was a division comm unit there and I saw the Marine on duty from behind and as I was passing "him" I said "whats up man" and SHE turned around and said "Eh not ****"......I swear if it wasn't for the makeup that was a man....lol

LOL. Gonna let that go.

Yeah, no matter what, a Sergeant is a Sergeant, right? LOL. Do the same thing in my other job. Can't escape it.

It's been MY experience that it's either feast or famine. Incredibly hot..or not.

And I'll leave it...at that.

Yea I can see why you might want to stay away from that claymore I just placed behind me lol.

It was almost always famine and puke.....Not that I'd want to eat any......well nevermind....

Now...now....SEE?

oh that is unbelievable.. then what?

Thread Information