Memorial Day, 2011
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Guest Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images

Exclamation Memorial Day, 2011

For over two centuries, brave men and women have laid down their lives in defense of our great Nation. These heroes have made the ultimate sacrifice so we may uphold the ideals we all cherish. On this Memorial Day, we honor the generations of Americans who have fought and died to defend our freedom.

Today, all who wear the uniform of the United States carry with them the proud legacies of those who have made our Nation great, from the patriots who fought at Lexington and Concord to the troops who stormed the beaches at Normandy. Ordinary men and women of extraordinary courage have, since our earliest days, answered the call of duty with valor and unwavering devotion. From Gettysburg to Kandahar, America's sons and daughters have served with honor and distinction, securing our liberties and laying a foundation for lasting peace.

On this solemn day in which Americans unite in remembrance of our country's fallen, we also pray for our military personnel and their families, our veterans, and all who have lost loved ones. As a grateful Nation, we forever carry the selfless sacrifice of our fallen heroes in our hearts, and we share the task of caring for those they left behind.

Thank you for Your Service and Sacrifices.......

Semper Fi,
    Rocky

Guest Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave2571 View Post
    Perfect post, Rocky
    True Words Brother Dave .
    Thank you to All who gave so much................

Very well said!

Quote Originally Posted by Rhode Island View Post
    For over two centuries, brave men and women have laid down their lives in defense of our great Nation. These heroes have made the ultimate sacrifice so we may uphold the ideals we all cherish. On this Memorial Day, we honor the generations of Americans who have fought and died to defend our freedom.

Today, all who wear the uniform of the United States carry with them the proud legacies of those who have made our Nation great, from the patriots who fought at Lexington and Concord to the troops who stormed the beaches at Normandy. Ordinary men and women of extraordinary courage have, since our earliest days, answered the call of duty with valor and unwavering devotion. From Gettysburg to Kandahar, America's sons and daughters have served with honor and distinction, securing our liberties and laying a foundation for lasting peace.

On this solemn day in which Americans unite in remembrance of our country's fallen, we also pray for our military personnel and their families, our veterans, and all who have lost loved ones. As a grateful Nation, we forever carry the selfless sacrifice of our fallen heroes in our hearts, and we share the task of caring for those they left behind.

Thank you for Your Service and Sacrifices.......

Semper Fi,
    Rocky

Marine Family Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Nowadays it just seems like a lot of things are taken for granted. It is my fervent hope that this day, Memorial Day, never becomes a distant memory but always remains the pulse and foundation of its citizenry to be remembered ...always.
    Great post, Rocky.

Very well Said Brother

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    I'm going out too the Cemetary and Puttin some Flowers on some 'Nam Vet's grave that I pick at random,Probably 1 way off in a far away corner so He will not be Forgotten,While the Rest of America feed's their Fat Faces at the Table & then goes too The Mall

Semper Fi

Semper Fi to all my brothers both past and present and for those who paid the ultimate price God bless you and be with you ads you guard the streets of heaven.

Marine Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Blog Entries
    Well said Rocky,

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    You said it all Rocky
    Semper Fi Buddy

I echo all sentiments expressed here.
    Like everyone else here I will be thinking of those in harms way.

A safe, reflective day to all.

Thank you all, our Fallen Heroes. Thank you all, our Veterans ... our American Heroes.
    I am grateful for you service, your sacrifices.

Marine Friend Free Member USNAviator's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Great post Rocky!!! Got back awhile ago from Arlington National. Had my two daughters with me. We did our usual family tradition. They asked if I wanted to go over to the Wall. I told them I was there for the first time last year. I declined to go this time. I guess I'm not a very strong person. Seeing all those names last year had a profound affect on me for several days.. Something I guess I'm not willing to experience again so soon. I think of the four I know whose names are etched into that black canvass. and wonder what they could have done with their lives

Thanks, Brother Rocky, there is nothing more for me to add. Richard, may your Dad forever rest peacefully in the arms of the Lord.

Thread Information