An Hoa Marines 1970-71
Create Post

An Hoa Marines 1970-71

Looking for all Marines who served in the An Hoa Combat Base OA during the
    years of 1970-71. This includes, but not limited to: The Arizona, The Phu Lacs, Liberty Bridge, Duc Duc, Antenna Valley, The Indian Country, Go Noi Island, Dodge City, Henderson Hill, Mau Chanh and the Que Son Mountains of South Vietnam. The An Hoa Basin also includes Charlie Ridge and surrounding areas.

Alan Waugh is working on the final chapter of his famous "History of the USMC at An Hoa" and needs your stories to complete this excellent DVD.

Email to; alan@graphicbikeart.com

or contact me at; Bill.Beason@yahoo.com

Bill I was with Hotel 3/11 on FSB Ryder, FSB Bushwhack and LZ Baldy durning that time.

Quote Originally Posted by ggyoung View Post
    Bill I was with Hotel 3/11 on FSB Ryder, FSB Bushwhack and LZ Baldy durning that time.
    If you have any stories about combat, booby traps, fire fights, humor and life in the An Hoa Basin, please take a few moments to put them in an email and send them to Alan Waugh at the email address furnished in my original post. Also, any pictures and photos will be greatly appreciated, my friend. Please tell any of your brothers you served with in the An Hoa OA to help us out.

Thank you for your reply & I look forward to reading your stories!

WELCOME HOME MARINE!

Semper Fi

Bill Beason

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Beason View Post
    If you have any stories about combat, booby traps, fire fights, humor and life in the An Hoa Basin, please take a few moments to put them in an email and send them to Alan Waugh at the email address furnished in my original post. Also, any pictures and photos will be greatly appreciated, my friend. Please tell any of your brothers you served with in the An Hoa OA to help us out.
    Thank you for your reply & I look forward to reading your stories!
    WELCOME HOME MARINE!
    Semper Fi
    Bill Beason
    Wow...small world.
    I have had some good email dialogue with Alan beginning about 2 years ago.
    To qualify, I was at Nong Song (Hill 300) outpost much of the time from Jan '67 - March '67 which was just a couple miles southwest of An Hoa on the Song Thu Bon.

Anyway, hope some of you are able to help him out with more facts/photos.

Carry on....

Thanks

I'm sure many of you were in the early part of "The History of the USMC at An Hoa" DVD. This is the last and final chapters for the years 1970 & 71. Basically, it will cover the CAP units, artillery, corpsmen, grunts and the draw down and closing of An Hoa Combat Base. Whatever your MOS, if you served in 1970 and 71, please contact Alan Waugh at alan@graphicbikeart.com with you stories, pictures, and info. This will be the final chapter, so do not get left out!

H&S Company Radio Operator, An Hoa and later move the Reg Comm to LZ Baldy Dec 69 to Dec 70

Quote Originally Posted by wayne3210 View Post
    H&S Company Radio Operator, An Hoa and later move the Reg Comm to LZ Baldy Dec 69 to Dec 70
    I didn't know the 5th moved to LZ Baldy, when did they do that? I thought that was the 7th Marines AO.

5th Marines moved to Baldy in about Late Sept or early Oct of 70 when 7th rotated back to the states. I was there until I rotated in Dec of 70

Thanks

I was with 1st 8 inch howitzer battery here an Mt Baldy I was theree in March 1970 until Sept 1970 when unit was moved to Okinawa.

Last edited by Camero; 04-18-15 at 05:49 PM. Reason: need to add information

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    I was on Hill 37 Dia Loc, 69-70

Marine Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Blog Entries
    I was there 70. All i can remember is.......Fun Capital Of The World .

Thread Information