Poor Abused Casey Anthony - Page 3
Create Post
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Cpl Heglar View Post
    Yepper same guy reported it like 2 months earlier but the sherrif was too lazy to get out of the car and go investigate the garbage bag in the woods just down the street from her house. They found the body after the mail man went and looked for himself.

Sorry bit of a crime junkie.

We've been eating, drinking, breathing this story for three years now here in Florida. The party girl killer mom has an idiot for an attorney who is so inexperienced he had to hire a co-counsel who was death-penalty qualified (and he's gone through a couple of those).

He has made so many motions that he drove the judges crazy. He finally accused the original judge of bias, so the judge recused himself and the Chief Judge took the case. Smooth move. Take the case from a wimpy judge that can be somewhat pushed around and put it on the bench of a highly experienced, no-nonsense judge who can't be pushed by anyone. If the original judge still had the case, this wouldn't be at trial stage yet.

Also, this took place in Orange County, FL which isn't a podunk part of Florida. The sheriff's office has a couple of thousand employees and they don't even run the jail.

Also, it was a county meter reader who found the body. A deputy was sent, but evidently just screwed around and didn't find anything (the meter reader had gone back on his route). The deputy was disciplined (I don't remember what he got).

I think the b*tch killed the child. I'm not certain how because too much conflicting information has come out, but the prosecutor's case-in-chief started today, so we shall see what actually comes out in court.

This just in.....

ORLANDO, Fla. -- Casey Anthony's attorney shocked a packed courtroom during opening statements Tuesday, telling the jury that Anthony's 2-year-old daughter Caylee was the victim of an accidental death and not a murder as the prosecutors contended.

Attorney Jose Baez's words reverberated through the courthouse. Florida police had said for nearly three years that Anthony had led them to believe her child had been kidnapped by her babysitter, leading to one of the biggest searches for a missing child in U.S. history. Now, the defense is saying that this mother was unable to tell the truth after years of abuse.

"How in the world can a mother wait 30 days before ever reporting her daughter missing?" Baez asked in open court. "It's insane. It's bizarre. Something's just not right about that .

"Well, the answer is relatively simple -- she never was missing. Caylee Anthony died on June 16, 2008, when she drowned in her family's swimming pool."

According to Baez, Casey Anthony and her father, George Anthony, were home alone on the day the alleged accident occurred. The attorney said it was in the early morning hours of June 16 that George noticed Caylee was missing and he and his daughter began a frantic search -- looking under beds and in the garage. It was during that search that George Anthony decided to take the search outside, to the aboveground pool. Baez said.

"As Casey came around the corner [of the pool] she saw George Anthony holding Caylee in his arms," the defense attorney told the jury. "She immediately grabbed Caylee and began to cry. Shortly thereafter, George began to yell at her: 'Look what you've done. Your mother will never forgive you and you will go to jail for child neglect for the rest of your frigging life.'"

It has long been reported that Caylee was last seen on June 16, 2008. Her disappearance, however, was not reported until July 15, 2008, when Casey Anthony's mother, Cindy Anthony, called 911.

"I found out my granddaughter has been taken, she has been missing," Anthony said. "My daughter [Casey] finally admitted that she's [Caylee's] been missing."

Questioned by police, Casey Anthony alleged her daughter had been abducted by her babysitter. Multiple searches were conducted and, in December 2008, a former Orange County meter reader named Roy Kronk found Caylee's remains near her family home.

Up until Tuesday, Casey Anthony, 25, had long maintained her innocence, claiming her daughter was abducted by a babysitter. She is accused of multiple charges, including capital murder, aggravated child abuse, aggravated manslaughter of a child and misleading law enforcement. The prosecution seeks the death penalty.

The stunning revelation at Anthony's trial emerged after a two-and-a-half-hour-long opening statement by Assistant State Attorney Linda Drane Burdick. The prosecution alleges Anthony is a pathological liar who is guilty of the crime of murder in the first degree.

"As difficult as it may be for anyone to accept that a mother would intentionally kill her own child -- from the evidence you will hear in this case there is no other conclusion that can be drawn," Burdick said. "No one but Casey Anthony had access to all the pieces of evidence in this case … no one else lied to their friends, to their family, to the investigators. No one else benefited from the death of Caylee Marie Anthony."

Burdick alleged that Caylee's death allowed Casey to "live the good life." The evidence in the case, she promised, would show Caylee was "murdered by her mother."

Baez countered the prosecution's allegations involving the nanny whom Anthony had previously said kidnapped her child, as well as her alleged claims of a job at Universal Studios. Rather than continue to purport the mysterious nanny's alleged existence, Baez admitted his client had fabricated the babysitter long before Caylee was reported missing.

"For two years [Casey] pretended she had a job and pretended she had a nanny," Baez said. "Is that normal? Is that what normal people do?" Those lies, Baez alleged, were to protect Caylee. "[Casey] lived a lie to protect her child. She forced herself to live in a world she wanted to. Not the one she was thrust into."

The lies, Baez alleged, stemmed from years of sordid sexual abuse that Anthony allegedly suffered at the hands of her own father, George Anthony.

"It all began when Casey was eight years old and her father came into her room and began to touch her inappropriately and it escalated … She could be 14 years old, have [had] her father's penis in her mouth, and go to school and play with the other kids as if nothing [had] happened," Baez said.

George Anthony, who was present in the courtroom and sat quietly with a Bible on his lap during opening statements, was red-faced and visibly upset by Baez's allegations.

The defense attorney also took aim at Casey's older brother, Lee Anthony, alleging he tried to "follow in his father's footsteps."

"On certain occasions when he was a teenager, [Lee] attempted to also touch his sister, although it didn't go as far," Baez said, adding: "These ugly secrets will come out at this trial. And you'll see what makes Casey Anthony act the way she does."

But what about Caylee? Why the cover-up? According to Baez, the alleged sexual abuse, as well as Anthony's "incredible dysfunctional" family life was to blame.

"After Caylee died, Casey did what she's been doing all of her life, or for most of it -- hiding her pain," Baez said. "Going into that dark corner and pretending that she does not live in the situation she was living in. She went into the deep, dark, ugly placed called denial to pretend as if nothing was wrong."

Caylee's death was, her attorney alleged, a horrible tragedy.

"Casey should have been stronger. Casey should have called 911. Casey should have done the right thing and that's what she's guilty of," Baez said. "[But] she's not guilty of murder … This is a sad tragic accident that snowballed out of control and was covered up."

But was it an accident? Burdick alleged Caylee's death was premeditated and, as evidence, she pointed to computer forensic analysis that allegedly shows Internet searches were conducted on a computer inside the Anthony family home in March that contained the words "Chloroform, alcohol," "household weapons," "neck-breaking" and "self defense."

"There could have been no other user making those searches than Casey Anthony," Burdick said.

The veteran prosecutor also alleged that Anthony threw out her daughter "like she was just another piece of trash." Burdick added: "Caylee spent many months in that spot -- roots encircled the blanket, wrapped themselves into the bags that she was in."

Baez did not offer an explanation today for what George and Casey Anthony allegedly did with Caylee Anthony's body after she drowned but he did indicate that Kronk may have hid it in the woods. It was, however, never explained how the meter reader would have first stumbled upon the remains.

Casey Anthony sat stoic through much of the opening statements. She cried briefly when a photo of Caylee's skull was shown and appeared disgusted when the allegations of sexual abuse were raised but for the most part appeared restless.

Once opening statements were finished, George Anthony was the first witness called to testify in court. While on the stand prosecutors asked him if he had ever molested his daughter, to which he responded, "No sir."

George Anthony denied having any knowledge of his granddaughter's death and said he knows nothing about the drowning Baez mentioned in his opening argument.

"I never knew of anything that happened to Caylee until our lives started to unfold on July 15 and Caylee was found on December 11," Anthony said. "I would have done anything I could to save my granddaughter."

Anthony also denied disposing of his granddaughter's body.

Not long into George Anthony's testimony, court was recessed until 9 a.m. Tuesday.

It is too soon to speculate on who the jury might be siding with, but both sides seem confident they will win.

"This is not a murder case … end this nightmare by sending [Casey] home," Baez said.

Burdick: "At the end of this case, you will have no trouble concluding that Caylee Anthony was murdered by her mother."

I didn't read all 3 pages of posts, but this has been going on since 2009 for sure. I remember sitting at Camp Pendleton and my ex-wife addicted to Nancy Grace and this same lady was their topic for MONTHS in early 09

Correction,,, June 2008

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by 03Mike View Post
    Al, last two people on the planet to hear about this trial... we're talking about an Air Force JAG officer and a Naval Aviator...
    They're a little "S-L-O-W"

I don't care that these two ambulance chasers
    slept through it either....
    So did I.

Remove all doubt , take the whole family out
    back and give them
    "Two pops in the Hat" and one in the
    heart..

Quote Originally Posted by 0331 2 0369 View Post
    5 months no TV...... damn sir...... cable isn't that expensive.
    It is when you are a cheapskate. I know what you mean Dan. I just recently bit the bullet and got satellite. 73 in TV only watching free chanels and 5 year old DVD's was embarassing. Now...I flip through the chanels for HOURS trying to learn the system. Before I know it, I've returned to where that ONE SHOW I decided to watch is already over!! And no...I haven't figured out the DVR yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Cpl Heglar View Post
    Raising 7 kids gives you the right to do whatever you want whenever you want!
    Raising kids can often resemble being pecked to death by a gaggle of chickens.

Quote Originally Posted by Zulu 36 View Post
    We've been eating, drinking, breathing this story for three years now here in Florida. The party girl killer mom has an idiot for an attorney who is so inexperienced he had to hire a co-counsel who was death-penalty qualified (and he's gone through a couple of those).

He has made so many motions that he drove the judges crazy. He finally accused the original judge of bias, so the judge recused himself and the Chief Judge took the case. Smooth move. Take the case from a wimpy judge that can be somewhat pushed around and put it on the bench of a highly experienced, no-nonsense judge who can't be pushed by anyone. If the original judge still had the case, this wouldn't be at trial stage yet.

Also, this took place in Orange County, FL which isn't a podunk part of Florida. The sheriff's office has a couple of thousand employees and they don't even run the jail.

Also, it was a county meter reader who found the body. A deputy was sent, but evidently just screwed around and didn't find anything (the meter reader had gone back on his route). The deputy was disciplined (I don't remember what he got).

I think the b*tch killed the child. I'm not certain how because too much conflicting information has come out, but the prosecutor's case-in-chief started today, so we shall see what actually comes out in court.

Ahh Yes the meter reader. I couldn't remember the specifics. Here's what I think happened.

Caley was using chloroform to put the child asleep so she could go party. She would lock her in the trunk of the vehicle for short periods of time while she was out getting her groove on. She got messed up and didn't return to the car in time and Caley died of exposure to heat. Hot as hades in Fl. She hid it as long as she could and when the gig was up she put her in her final resting spot in the woods 2 blocks away.

Swimming pool my ass.

Marine Friend Free Member USNAviator's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by wildwoman73 View Post
    It is when you are a cheapskate. I know what you mean Dan. I just recently bit the bullet and got satellite. 73 in TV only watching free chanels and 5 year old DVD's was embarassing. Now...I flip through the chanels for HOURS trying to learn the system. Before I know it, I've returned to where that ONE SHOW I decided to watch is already over!! And no...I haven't figured out the DVR yet.

Taira, had DirectTV since it hit the market. Got fed up the poor quality of cable when it was analogue.

My cousin has TIVO and loves it. But I just don't watch that much TV so it's not worth the expense to me

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by USNAviator View Post
    Taira, had DirectTV since it hit the market. Got fed up the poor quality of cable when it was analogue.

My cousin has TIVO and loves it. But I just don't watch that much TV so it's not worth the expense to me
    I have AT&T Uverse and their dvr is a snap to use...

I just recently got Dish Net or some crap like that. Direct/Dish...same nothing on every channel. I like that NETFLIX idea. Anyone have that?

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    I just recently got Dish Net or some crap like that. Direct/Dish...same nothing on every channel. I like that NETFLIX idea. Anyone have that?

I've got Netflix. The $10.00/month service. You can get one movie at a time on DVD, but they also have "free" streaming movies you can watch on your computer (or TV if that's hooked up to the Internet). Not everything is free, and titles rotate in and out, but they still have quite a large collection for streaming. You can watch as many of those as your eyes can stand.

For more $$, you can check out more DVDs at a time and some other stuff I don't remember.

DVD service is very fast, especially if you live close to a Netflix service center.

Marine Friend Free Member USNAviator's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings

I do on my borrowed laptop....lol. First month is free, $8/month after that but I think you can stream your choices to your TV. Let me check on it. Watched Hud and GWTW on my computer yesterday. Haven't tried streaming it to my TV yet. Down side is you don't have a great selection compared with normal Netflix, upside you don't have to wait for a DVD

It was the cable guy, and the area he found the body in was under water for months. It had been searched several times, and as yet, no one can explain how the body got there AFTER the flood , or how they missed it the first time.

I just wish, as sick as it is, that I had been there when she was out partying. Story is , she was hoeing everyone. And I would do her. Yea, I know.

I now wish they would stop showing it on the news. I am sooooo tired of hearing about it, Is there nothing better to report on?

I don't think they can prove 1st degree murder looking at the evidence. They have not proven that she killed her, No motive and no sure cause of death. Where is the smoking gun? Just a bunch of circumstantial evidence.

Just stop talking about it and tell us guilty or not.

Thread Information