Hobert Edward “Eddie” Earls- HML-167, MAG16, 1stMAW
Create Post

Unhappy Hobert Edward “Eddie” Earls- HML-167, MAG16, 1stMAW

~In Honor Of My Dad~
    Hobert Edward “Eddie” Earls, 63, left his earthly life Friday, May 20, 2011 and was welcomed into the presence of his Heavenly Father. He was born July 12, 1947, in Huntington, WV to Billy Denford and Ivalee Faye (Cyrus) Earls.
    Eddie was preceded in death by his father, Billy Denford Earls, paternal grandparents Hobert G. Earls and Betty Jo (Pyles) Earls, Harrison and his maternal grandparents Thomas Edward “Tommy” and Armilda (Lowe) Cyrus, along with numerous uncles, aunts and cousins.
    Eddie is survived by his loving mother, Ivalee Faye (Cyrus) Earls, of Ceredo, WV, with whom he resided. He had been married to Deborah (Keaton) Earls, Huffman and they childered a daughter, Kimberly Dawn (Earls) Cunningham of Cleveland, OH and a son, Mark Edward Earls, married to Chelsea Desiree (Curtis) Earls of Priest River, ID. Grandchildren include; Meghan Noel Cunningham of Parkersburg, WV, Olivia Joyce and Oliver Cyrus Earls of Priest River, ID.
    He is also survived by an uncle, Raymond Edsell Cyrus, many cousins and 3 very special cousins; Sheila G. Earls, Billie Jo Earls and Joyce (Stevens) Jones. And a very special friend and helper, Donna Shull of Milton, WV.
    He played little league growing up and was a graduate of Vinson High School, Class of 1965, where he was a member of the Vinson Marching Band Drum Corps and played baseball for the Vinson Tigers.
    Eddie briefly attended Marshall University and was an avid fan till his passing. While he attended Marshall, he was drafted to serve in Vietnam. He entered his military service with the United States Marine Corps as a Private (E-1), January 1967 and endured basic training at Parris Island, SC.
    While in the service, his nickname was 'Squirrel'. His last duty assignment; HML-167, MAG16, 1stMAW. He received the National Defense Service Medal, Vietnam Service Medal w/1*, Good Conduct Medal, Rifle Expert Badge, RVN Cross of Gallantry w/Palm, Vietnam Campaign Medal w/device and Air Medal w/Numeral 1. He was a A/C Hydraulics Mechanic and Gunner on 46's during medical runs. He was honorably discharged as a Sergeant (E-5), September 1970.
    Prior to his military service and after his return he worked for the Kroger Company. He then went to work at the Nickel Plant (INCO) prior to his disability.
    He had previously served other veterans and their families as a volunteer at the VA Hospital in Huntington, WV and was a member of the American Legion.
    He enjoyed going to or watching movies, and loved Midway hotdogs.
    He was a member of Ceredo Christian Baptist Church in Ceredo, WV.

I also started Parris Island in Jan. 1967. What platoon was he in, I was in 336.

May God keep him and protect him, R.I.P. Marine you will be remembered in our prayers.

Guest Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    RIP Marine.
    Prayers Outbound to All.

Marine Friend Free Member USNAviator's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    My sympathies on the loss of your Dad

Rest in Peace Marine

Fair winds

MAY GOD RICHLY BLESS AND WATCH OVER YOU AND YOUR FAMILY>MAY GOD CRADDLE HIM IN HIS ARMS AND REST IN PEACE MY BROTHER,

stephen doc hansen hm3 fmf

Parris Island Platoon 238

Quote Originally Posted by advanced View Post
    I also started Parris Island in Jan. 1967. What platoon was he in, I was in 336.
    I just found his platoon photo and yearbook from Parris Island tonight. He was platoon 238.

Quote Originally Posted by SonOfVietnamVet View Post
    I just found his platoon photo and yearbook from Parris Island tonight. He was platoon 238.
    Thank you young man. It is obvious you have great respect and love for your Dad. May he rest in peace.

Thread Information