A Few Uniform Questions
Create Post

A Few Uniform Questions

I know it's always good to have a set of each uniform inspection ready. So i went out and bought a set of woodlands and deserts strictly for inspection. My question is: Do inspections apply to all uniforms? how often do you have an inspection for each uniform?

Also i know it does not state in the Order whether it matter what color dog tags you wore and have in your boot as long as it has the information the issued ones have. I was wondering if a black dog tag in the boot and wearing black dog tags are within regs? like as in for inspection and so on?

From what i hear people have painted their dog tags and wear them on them and on their boots with no problem. Some even wear it with 550 Cord. is this all within Regs?

In the order it says every article of clothing must be marked for inspection. I was wondering where do we mark the gloves?

Thank you in advance for all the help.

Your Guidebook for Marines that you were issued in Boot Camp will tell you where to mark everything and how to set up your wall locker or bunk for inspection.

Also you can google Marine Corps Order Uniform Regulations

I have been in since 2004 and never wear dog tags. Keep one in each pair of boots you have and just stick with the regular silver and you cant go wrong. Inspections apply to any and everything you were issued at boot camp.

Also before you stand an inspection your plt sgt will give you direction as to what type it will be, what uniforms will be inspected, and what is expected of you

Tape the inside of the glove, close to the wrist opening, and then mark with a stamp.

If the cammies that you had already were serviceable, then there should be absolutely no reason for you to waste money on extra uniforms. Granted, different Marines have different ideas about what "serviceable" means. However, if your uniform is within what the order says is serviceable, is properly marked, and everything is sown on/pinned on and worn correctly then you should have no problem passing an inspection.

For dog tags, you could by all means wear a colored one around your neck (chain or 550 cord), but regarding placing a colored one in your boot, I would ask you chain of command about that. Because ultimately it is up to them; better to ask then get called out for it.

Hope this helps

Uniform inspections depend on your command... you could have them every week or every 6 months... it's all up to the command... too many variables... Make sure you get all your stuff marked and get your stuff dry cleaned n make sure it's all measured right and you won't have anything to worry about...

If you at least make SOME effort at maintaining inspection ready uniforms.. you'll do alright... you'll see a lot of turds that don't maintain at all

Thread Information