Silver Rose
Create Post

Thread: Silver Rose

Question Silver Rose

My father was career Marine Gunnery Sgt. He died from cancer due to exposure to Agent Orange (papers filed and verified). I heard there was a medal for such Marines called the Silver Rose. I wrote to the Marine Corps about this asking if my father would receive one postumously. I never heard from them. Can anyone help me on this subject?

Marine Friend Free Member USNAviator's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by leitherland View Post
    My father was career Marine Gunnery Sgt. He died from cancer due to exposure to Agent Orange (papers filed and verified). I heard there was a medal for such Marines called the Silver Rose. I wrote to the Marine Corps about this asking if my father would receive one postumously. I never heard from them. Can anyone help me on this subject?
    It's not a recognized military award but there is a Silver Rose society

Our goal is a Purple Heart for every Combat Veteran identified under the 1991 Agent Orange Act. In the meantime we intend to offer The Silver Rose to all qualified veterans until the day the Purple Heart is issued. The Award is free and all that is necessary for a Veteran or the family of a veteran that has been lost to receive this award is to forward:

1.) A copy of a veterans DD214, showing that he or she served in a combat zone where Agent Orange was deployed as determined through Pentagon records by the Veterans Administration Ratings Ruling.

2.) A copy of that person's medical file showing treatment for Agent Orange related sicknesses or cancers.

3.) Fill out an application for The Order of the Silver Rose Award.

Let it never be forgotten that we do not wish to award Silver Roses. We want the Purple Heart for those Combat Vietnam Veterans who have earned them nothing more. Withholding Purple Hearts from these thousands of American heroes destroys morale among the troops and violates Public Law, Executive Orders and Military Regulations thereby necessitating the creation of this society. We shall continue our activities on behalf of Agent Orange victims until such time as the Purple Heart has been awarded to combat victims of Agent Orange. When that takes place no futher Silver Roses shall be awarded, because having done its job, The Order of The Silver Rose shall happily disband.

The National Director of the Silver Rose

Gary J. Chenett

C/O Coble's Shady Oaks

1301 Jim's Smokehouse Road Rockport, Texas 78382

361-727-0445

ftizzyfrog@2fords.net

The Silver Rose Society
    If you know a veteran who is suffering from an Agent Orange related disease pass this along to them.

Our Mission ...

To recognize the courage, heroism, and contributions of American service personnel found to have been exposed to Agent Orange in a combat zone ... whose lethal exposure to Agent Orange resulted in internal, invisible wounds, which are revealed only by the passage of time.

http://www.silverrose.info/main%20menu%20page.html

http://veteransforjohnedwards.blogsp...e-society.html

Credits
    Savings
    I've never heard of this but I can understand why you never heard back from the Corps. I hope everything works out for you young lady

Credits
    Savings
    Thanks Ed Palmer for your efforts and hopefully one day this will come about. I am a member but wish I had never had the cancer from Agent Orange and other effects that they claim is not associated with it. I guess after all of us die they will tell everything that effected us health wise. Thanks again and keep up the pressure on them.

It's a shame that they do not recognize the " Atomic Vets " But most of them are dead now.

Credits
    Savings

Didn't mean to leave you out

Thanks to you to USNAviator for your efforts in this fight for what is right and just. Thanks to all of the others who are working to right the wrong before we are all gone!!!!

Silver Rose

Thank you for your response. My father came back from his last tour in Viet Nam in 1968. He retired a Gunnery Sgt. E7. He already had a Purple Heart from previous injuries while I was a child, before his first tour in Viet Nam. Do you mean he could still get another? I guess I should know but I'm 60 now and my Dad always had the answers to my questions. My mother filed Agent Orange papers stating all that was required and the Government said his illness was related to Agent Orange. If I need those documents I'm sure I won't be able to find them, for my mother put them away and cannot function normally or remember. I do have my dad's ID card and social security number. Can I do anything with that?

Thread Information