Poolee getting married...need advice - Page 13
Create Post
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3910111213
    Phantom Blooper
    Guest Free Member
    This may be where Fantasy Island disappears and reality sets in...could be a rude awakening.

Boss,Boss "De plane! De plane!"

Marine Family Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Apparently, Tattoo has invaded this thread. Ricardo Montalban can't be far behind...since I believe both of these actors are dead, maybe this really IS Fantasy Island.

Marine Family Free Member Marinemom32's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by Marinestepmom View Post
    Nick called my husband this afternoon and said he'll be assigned to MCAS Cherry Point and will be attached to an air wing. Does anyone have any experience with this base?

This will sound bad, but I almost wish he was going to Japan on an unaccompanied assignment. He seems like he regresses when he's around bride (acting more immaturely)--but then again, they haven't lived together on their own at all, certainly not with him on active duty every day. I know he will have to act like a Marine...I don't know how she'll handle it without her 'party friends' around.

This may be where Fantasy Island disappears and reality sets in...could be a rude awakening.
    So this will be their first time living together since they got married?I don't know much about Cherry Point, but at least now they will see how they can get along as a married couple. O am sur he has matured a lot since he has been away, and hopefully will not deal with immaturity.

Credits
    Savings
    My husband spoke again with Nick yesterday and got some more details about his assignment. He finishes his schooling in 2 weeks and gets 5 days to come home, gather all his and her stuff, and go to Cherry Point. I don't know if they're going to live on base or off, but he said earlier that dogs aren't allowed on base, so I don't know what they would do with their puppy.

He also said that his job will involve supporting a unit that is currently in Afghanistan and that he will be deployed there when this group comes back. He thinks it won't be until sometime next year, but as we all know, the situation can change very quickly. So we're getting used to the idea that he may be deployed soon. At least he's in logistics and not the infantry, but that's no guarantee of safety. I guess we'll cross that bridge when we come to it.

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by SoftballCatch23 View Post
    Just let me know the number of each post, the # that's to the right of each posted post, that you want deleted and I'll do that for you.
    If you could delete ALL posts up to #193, I would certainly appreciate it.

Thanks much.

Credits
    Savings

Thanks much.

Are you kidding ???????

This Soap Opera has been running for almost a year.

You think you can delete a whole 3 pages of a forum ??

#posting # 195

Thanks much.
    That's a lot of posts to delete. It would be better if you just wanted the whole thread permanently deleted.
    Let me know.....

Credits
    Savings
    Perhaps that would be best. Can I start another thread if I wanted to post about something else?

I don't want this thread to be read by the wrong people, as it could cause some major damage, and I don't wish to travel down that road. So, yes, please delete the thread.

Thanks for the help.

ive been dating my girlfriend for two years and i ship out june 4th. we've talked about getting married, but we won't do it until i am a marine. i keep telling her that i want to wait til after my first deployment at least til we tie the knot. that seems the logical thing in almost any case.

Thread Information