Checking into MCT
Create Post
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Checking into MCT

I leave for MCT tomorrow and wanted to know a few things, I'm going to camp Geiger. How does the taxi fee get covered? Do we wear our Alphas on the plane? What cover do we check in with? And how do they give us a free hotel room for the night? They went over it with us at the end of boot but it was lightning fast and a lot of us are lost.

Marine Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Very simple...Pay for the taxi now, you will have a chance to get a refund in the future. It will cost bout 52 bucks. Dont wear your alphas on the plane. I noticed some Marines getting chewed out when they arrive to the airport in uniform. You will have a chance to changeover when you arrive. Check-in with your ****-cutter. No need to get a hotel room. Just check-in when you get there. Try not to get into any trouble so early in your career.

That should cover everything. If you have any more questions, just ask.

Quote Originally Posted by Time Bandit View Post
    I leave for MCT tomorrow and wanted to know a few things, I'm going to camp Geiger. How does the taxi fee get covered? Do we wear our Alphas on the plane? What cover do we check in with? And how do they give us a free hotel room for the night? They went over it with us at the end of boot but it was lightning fast and a lot of us are lost.
    Taxi Fee- Pay Cash
    Alphas on the plane- No
    Cover- **** Cutter..tho I have seen Marines check in with the Barracks Cover also.
    Hotel Room- No, Squadbay at SACO on Geiger, if it hasnt changed
    Any more questions, Fire away before you leave.

Thanks I appreciate that quick response, I was also wondering about baggage at the airport - I have 2 packed seabags, 1 full bodybag, a backpack, and my diddy bag. Ive heard that military members get up to 10 bags free, true? Is the initial check in as serious as the battalion commander inspection at boot? My uniforms are all squared away but I know for a fact they'll be a little wrinkled after the flight.

Quote Originally Posted by Time Bandit View Post
    Thanks I appreciate that quick response, I was also wondering about baggage at the airport - I have 2 packed seabags, 1 full bodybag, a backpack, and my diddy bag. Ive heard that military members get up to 10 bags free, true? Is the initial check in as serious as the battalion commander inspection at boot? My uniforms are all squared away but I know for a fact they'll be a little wrinkled after the flight.
    Your baggage should be good to go. Initial check-in isn't as serious as BN Cmndr inspection, but it's not a joke so just make sure you do what you're supposed to, and your uniforms are squared away and everything will go smoothly. Another quick piece of advice, if you smoke or dip, dont bring it with you when you check in, they'll take it. More than likely while you're sitting in SACO until MCT picks up you'll have a chance to get more or bum off someone, but after MCT picks up you're out of luck.

Make sure you get a receipt for the taxi and keep it.

Quick question, is there an easy way for us to check in carrying all our crap? I figure most people will be carrying their garment bag, a backpack and at least one seabag for the bare minimum.

joseywales
    Guest Free Member
    Three--year--old--thread.

josephd
    Guest Free Member
    you'll check in carrying all your crap the same way millions of us have done it before

I don't know the way they do it on the East Coast but at MCT West you'll show up in your Service Alphas on the bus with hundreds of other boots. You'll get processed in and then allowed to change over to cammies.

Cool. Follow up question, am I allowed to wear a backpack with service alphas

No boot, i'm pretty sure that your drill instructors taught you that it is improper to wear a backpack in your alphas, as well as in anything but cammies.

Carry all your crap in your arms, everyone else. youll probably just end up slinging it across your shoulders like everyone else.

Phantom Blooper
    Guest Free Member
    is there an easy way for us to check in carrying all our crap?
    Hire a butler...valet or porter...

joseywales
    Guest Free Member
    Sure, wear and do whatever you want, and then when you check in make sure you're singing loud and clear for the 1st Sgt to hear, Frank Sinatra's "My Way"

In this day and age, they'll understand, rest assured

FoxtrotOscar
    Guest Free Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Phantom Blooper View Post
    Hire a butler...valet or porter...
    Much wasted effort going on here, Have them call the Staff Duty to come and give you a ride...!!

Thread Information