Reserve Pay - Hazard Incentive?
Create Post

Question Reserve Pay - Hazard Incentive?

I tried searching this on the site but nothing came up. An E-2 reservist (with less than 2 years or service) gets paid $219.32 per drill. Flight pay for an E-2 is "$150 a month". It seems to good to be true to get the whole $150 bonus as a reservist, I'm guessing a reservist would get a fraction of the $150.. My question is: How much would a reservist E-2 who qualifies for hazard incentives get paid per drill?

yeah, if you're getting hazardous duty pay.... it's not a drill.

Oh... I see. Thank you for clearing that up.

Actually....what you are thinking of is something else entirely...if you are getting FLIGHT pay, you'd get the whole nut each month as long as you got your required flying time in and you were still on 'flight status'.

So if it's 150 bucks, that's what it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt Leprechaun View Post
    Actually....what you are thinking of is something else entirely...if you are getting FLIGHT pay, you'd get the whole nut each month as long as you got your required flying time in and you were still on 'flight status'.

So if it's 150 bucks, that's what it is.
    Exactly. But you're not going to get your required flight hours in a single drill weekend. At least not every weekend. Get activated, go active reserve, ADOS, during your AT or if you get tasked out to mojave viper or some other exercise then it's possible but not on drilling status.

And you also won't see that entire $219. State and federal taxes have to come out plus about 26 bucks for your SGLI. And if you're wise, you'll drop as much of that as you can - at least 10% - into your thrift savings plan. Preferably, if you have a good job during the rest of the month and don't need that 150ish bucks you'll push the entire check into your TSP for the max allotment. It's tax free and the sooner you start up a long term retirement plan the more you will thank yourself later in life.

Yeah, that is true. Just coming out the ANG, though...(and I'll bet most flying units no matter the branch it's the same way) you get extra drill days added on to get your flight hours in. And you get paid for 'em as well. LOL. If you can fly..it's a racket for sure.

Phone is correct about the investment stuff, trust him, he knows whereof he speaks. Do it now and you WILL thank yourself.

Thread Information