Stolen Valor - By commercial entity. - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I wasn't implying that you were making any such statements, merely that the mention of japan reminded me of that.

Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Oh I will be, LOL! I think I found a good home here. You are my kind of group. And not in DADT kind of way.

Concur. Lots of stupidity out there....expend your energy on the stuff that matters.

I'm with Dave, 'Phone, and the Commander on this one.

Ok,

I wear a hat that has Us Marine Corps, Korean War Veteran on the front. I also wear a pair of Suspenders with the Marine Corps Logo on them. Sometimes I wear a T-shirt with the flag raising picture on it. Many times, I've had people come up to me, and thank me for my service, and I often get into conversations with guys who were there. that's why I wear them. Posers do not say thank you, and they sure as hell don't last long in a "Where were you" conversation. I answer the questions when they're asked of me. I turn my back and walk away when I get the wrong answers. I wear the logos in respect for the people who earned them. I'm not sure this is on the subject or not, but I had to say it.
    Ken

Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by kenrobg30 View Post
    I wear a hat that has Us Marine Corps, Korean War Veteran on the front. I also wear a pair of Suspenders with the Marine Corps Logo on them. Sometimes I wear a T-shirt with the flag raising picture on it. Many times, I've had people come up to me, and thank me for my service, and I often get into conversations with guys who were there. that's why I wear them. Posers do not say thank you, and they sure as hell don't last long in a "Where were you" conversation. I answer the questions when they're asked of me. I turn my back and walk away when I get the wrong answers. I wear the logos in respect for the people who earned them. I'm not sure this is on the subject or not, but I had to say it.
    Ken
    I guess my beef was with them making a profit off of using that famous picture, and worse...not offering anything back off that profit. You wearing things that you support, at least to me is way different. You are stating your pride in the Corps, without saying a word.

But thanks to some good old-fashioned advice given here...... I am not as "angry"....... disgusted, yeah, that I still am. But foam at the mouth angry? Nope. I am taking an "it is what it is" outlook on it.

Thread Information