in need of help. - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I think most of the people in my platoon got 4.2/4.2 in Boot Camp, the exceptions were squad leaders, high shooter, guide, and that sort of thing.

Hopefully, this recruiter was busting your hump in jest and also in private, or at least not around potential recruits.

As for not being motivated, you have to find motivation in yourself. In Boot Camp you had one or more DIs yelling at you for motivation. After Boot Camp, you have to find it on your own.

In the Corps and in life, you're not going to please everyone, either. You're going to find that leadership styles are different everywhere you go. Personalities are different, too. At times, you might feel like you can do no wrong and other times, you can't seem to get anything right. Part of that is the difference in leadership and personalities.

I can remember times when taking initiative and being a self-starter were rewarded and other times, it was frowned upon and viewed as playing by my own set of rules, sometimes at the same time!

If nothing else, this RA gig is only for seven days, then you get to start a clean slate when you report to school.

Yeah. Recruiter is just yankin your chain. Take it for what it's worth, man up, give a hundred percent in THIS gig, and move on to SOI.

Only you....can motivate YOU.

Be a Marine..

From the beginning, Do every job or detail to the best of your ability. Sometimes you'll be wrong. Take your lumps, and learn from it. You don't have to be 'Chesty' Puller, just give it the best you have. There is no shame in beingunable to be the best at every thing you're asked, or ordered to do. The only shame is not giving it your best shot. S/F!! Ken

Quote Originally Posted by kenrobg30 View Post
    From the beginning, Do every job or detail to the best of your ability. Sometimes you'll be wrong. Take your lumps, and learn from it. You don't have to be 'Chesty' Puller, just give it the best you have. There is no shame in beingunable to be the best at every thing you're asked, or ordered to do. The only shame is not giving it your best shot. S/F!! Ken
    Outstanding advice!

Kid, you have been given some good advice. Now you are responsible for it. Do it!

Quote Originally Posted by TunTvrnWarrior View Post
    Outstanding advice!

Kid, you have been given some good advice. Now you are responsible for it. Do it!
    I have found my Motivation. and taken the criticism and advice. Yesterday i asked my recruiter if he needed anything done. he wanted me to clean their nasty closest. i spent all night cleaning it to the best of my ability. i impressed him. it felt good. thanks everyone.

Thread Information