OCS Advice
Create Post

Thread: OCS Advice

Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings

OCS Advice

I just graduated college and have become very interested in going to OCS and taking the officer candidate course. I was mostly concerned about being behind because I am not very knowledgeable with all of the aspects of being a marine (or being in the military for that matter). In addition, I also think ill be physically behind because I haven't conditioned hard since I was in high school. Before I contact my areas OSO I would appreciate any advice on what to expect in regards to other candidates experience/ knowledge. Also, how often, if at all, would my OSO help me train or condition before I go (if I get accepted)?

If you do a search on the site, you'll find that the questions you are asking have been covered before.

Quote Originally Posted by Nizick View Post
    I just graduated college and have become very interested in going to OCS and taking the officer candidate course. I was mostly concerned about being behind because I am not very knowledgeable with all of the aspects of being a marine (or being in the military for that matter).
    Don't worry about that - they'll teach you what they want you to know, knowledge wise. What they are looking for at OCS is your ability to operate under stress - how do you react in a situation that has no viable solution or where whatever you do is wrong.

In addition, I also think ill be physically behind because I haven't conditioned hard since I was in high school. Before I contact my areas OSO I would appreciate any advice on what to expect in regards to other candidates experience/ knowledge. Also, how often, if at all, would my OSO help me train or condition before I go (if I get accepted)?
    If you are going to become an Officer of Marines, do you really need your OSO around to make sure you do your workouts? You'll have to be self disciplined enough to manage your own workout program. Find a PT buddy and get to it. The OSO may come and run with you from time to time, but he / she is a busy person, and you're just one of many potential officer candidates across a significant geographical area that he is dealing with.

Thread Information