Job related to MCMAP
Create Post

Job related to MCMAP

Hey How is it going, my name is Ricardo, I am 17, coming from Hercules, Ca. Scheduled to go to MEPS next Monday and hopefully enlist. My question is, are there any jobs that are specific for MCMAP? or any other job related to that? I wanna know more about the jobs that are available out there. Thank you fellas, I appreciate your time.

This may not bother some Marines here on Leatherneck, but it does bother me..........how about thank you Marines, not fellas.

United States Marine Corps Enlisted Job Descriptions and Qualification Factors Main
    http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=79047

Quote Originally Posted by SoftballCatch23 View Post
    This may not bother some Marines here on Leatherneck, but it does bother me..........how about thank you Marines, not fellas.
    Agree. A little bit of formality and courtesy never hurt...especially in the Marine Corps.

Marine Friend Free Member USNAviator's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by SoftballCatch23 View Post

United States Marine Corps Enlisted Job Descriptions and Qualification Factors Main
    http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=79047

I agree, after all not every one on here is a "fella" are they LISA??

Quote Originally Posted by USNAviator View Post
    I agree, after all not every one on here is a "fella" are they LISA??

No, Cmdr Dan.......they're not.

I apologize, Marines. Thank you for your correction I truly appreciate it.

As far as I know there are no enrty level MOS's that are strictly involved with MCMAP. MCMAP is a part of every Marines training. As you progress within your unit (once there) your MCMAP belt changes color with levels. If you excel, your unit may send you to MCMAP instructor school where you may pick up an additional MOS to train your unit when you get back. Good luck and concetrate on becoming a Marine first.
    Semper Fi

One step at a time. Earn your EGA first; everything comes after that.

Marine Friend Free Member USNAviator's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpha23 View Post
    Hey How is it going, my name is Ricardo, I am 17, coming from Hercules, Ca. Scheduled to go to MEPS next Monday and hopefully enlist. My question is, are there any jobs that are specific for MCMAP? or any other job related to that? I wanna know more about the jobs that are available out there. Thank you fellas, I appreciate your time.

Work on getting through boot camp first. All Marines are required to obtain a gray belt and all 03 Marines are required to obtain a green belt

There is a secondary MOS you can pick up, 0916, martial arts instructor

MOS 0916 - - Martial Arts Instructor

Type of MOS : FMOS
    Rank Range: MGySgt to Cpl
    Job Description: Martial arts instructors conduct training in principles of close combat and core values.
    Job Requirements:
    (1) Must be a corporal or above.
    (2) Must qualify first class on the PFT.
    (3) Must be certified as gray belt or above.
    (4) No surgeries/broken bones in the past 6 months.
    (5) Must complete the appropriate level PME for the grade.
    (6) Must have recommendation of reporting senior.
    (7) Successful completion of the CG TRNGCOM approved Martial Arts Instructor Course.
    Duties:
    (1) Trains and certifies personnel in MBST for martial arts from tan through gray belt techniques.
    (2) Assists martial arts instructor trainers in certifying and recertifying Martial Arts Instructors.

Thread Information