Create Post
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thanks everyone.

Credits
    Savings
    Good luck to you Cpl. From personal experience, I know how tough it is

Brat

Drunk

I too have used John Barleycorn to help me through the bad times It will be 16 Yrs June 18. Take it one day at a time go to meetings and call your Sponsor and read your book. I know how hard it was for me to use and to stop I just got into posotive things you would not believe the good things that come to us when we are clear headed and learn the art of giving more than recieving which causes self centeredness This too shall pass

Semper Fi Bill G

Yeah I'm trying to follow the 12 steps as best I can. I am doing things as best I can and taking it one day at a time. It just been a long and difficult path so far. One day at a time is all I can do.

Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    CPLBurkeD, that is something you and your loved ones need to be proud of.

Congrats and good job.

Congrats Cpl, heres to you.

Congrats brother keep it up, I also know the struggles you go though being sober since 1989, keep it up, find your support group and best of luck, Semper Fi

Good Job on four months, brother...thats a LOT of time. If you need to talk shoot me a PM and Ill be happy to reply. I get all my mail on my phone so I will get it right away and answer as soon as possible. If you get that urge call someone BEFORE you pick up...let people be there for you like we are all here for you right now. Semper Fi and good luck. If you have to, take it not only one day at a time but one HOUR at a time.
    Peace, Love, and Light to you and your family

Good Luck with the battle over alcoholism
    Quote Originally Posted by CPLBurkeD View Post
    My liver is pretty much damaged for life now. But that's one of the consequences of drinking as much as I have done.
    After so many years... all the cells that made up the soft tissue that once was your liver, have died off and been replaced. You receive a refurbished organ, if it's fed properly. One way to expedite the process is by using a juicer with plenty of greens

Well Done!!

That first step is tough Cpl. I Think that one of the things that should be stressed is, Forget yesterday, that's gone. Live today, and look forward to tomorrow. We're all behind you. S/F!! Ken

Credits
    Savings
    Images

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    congrats on the first 4...i quit the boozin back in the mid 80s one reason was because when i got drunk my anger came out....and most times landed me in trubble...the other reason is that i am not a slave...not to tobacco or booze...i will not let them controle me or rule over my life...besides my wife does that and will not put up with any comptition

So did we make month 5?? Sure hope so. We're rooting for you!!

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    good question WW...hope he is hanging in there...have lost quite a few friends to the booze...car wrecks,destoyin thier liver..and a cupple to snuffing themselve out...

Thread Information