Silent drill platoon
Create Post

Silent drill platoon

Ive been seeing some awesome videos on the Silent Drill Platoon how do you get on the platoon..? I know I am thinking a 100 miles ahead of just getting the EGA but that seems like it would be a bad ace thing to be apart of.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by MunkyVsRobot View Post
    Ive been seeing some awesome videos on the Silent Drill Platoon how do you get on the platoon..? I know I am thinking a 100 miles ahead of just getting the EGA but that seems like it would be a bad ace thing to be apart of.

Look here. Amazing what a little Internet research can reveal.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_..._Drill_Platoon

Thank you sir

As that site shows...have to be a grunt.

There are a couple DVD's you can order about the platoon (www.grunt.com).

Have seen them perform in person a few times and they are AWESOME! If you're ever in the DC area, try to see them march every Thursday and Friday evenings (in the summer). Thursday, they march at the Iwo Jima memorial and Friday it's at their barracks on 8th & I streets. Admission to the barracks is free but requires reservations (months in advance).

Awesome thank you Marines. All the videos I have seen of them are amazing. At least for me it makes me want to earn that title even more.

I have been to The Evening Parade the last 3 years. Have my reservations for June 3 this year. Can't wait. Dave - if you and the wife can make it on this short of notice, PM me and I will take you with me! I'll keep two spots for you until the week before!

Last edited by SGTBrentG; 05-09-11 at 10:16 PM. Reason: I said mid June and didn't mean to!

Quote Originally Posted by Tennessee Top View Post
    As that site shows...have to be a grunt.

There are a couple DVD's you can order about the platoon (www.grunt.com).

Have seen them perform in person a few times and they are AWESOME! If you're ever in the DC area, try to see them march every Thursday and Friday evenings (in the summer). Thursday, they march at the Iwo Jima memorial and Friday it's at their barracks on 8th & I streets. Admission to the barracks is free but requires reservations (months in advance).
    Actually the Sunset Parade at Iwo Jima Memorial is on Tuesdays at 1900 June-end of August
    No Reservation needed but bring a lawn chair or cop-a-squat on the grass.
    Evening Parade at Marine Barracks 8th & I Fridays at 2045 May- end of August
    Get your resevations in early as seating gets limited as the summer goes on.
    http://www.mbw.usmc.mil/RequestReservation.aspx
    Semper Fi

Tickets?

Quote Originally Posted by SGTBrentG View Post
    I have been to The Evening Parade the last 3 years. Have my reservations for June 3 this year. Can't wait. Dave - if you and the wife can make it on this short of notice, PM me and I will take you with me! I'll keep two spots for you until the week before!
    Do you have or know anybody who has extra tickets to the June 3 show? I want to take my fiancee but I won't be in the area after that weekend, off to my next MOS school, and we've never seen them before. I'll scrape together whatever I can to pay for them.

They perform yearly at MCRD, San Diego.

Quote Originally Posted by tayezz View Post
    Do you have or know anybody who has extra tickets to the June 3 show? I want to take my fiancee but I won't be in the area after that weekend, off to my next MOS school, and we've never seen them before. I'll scrape together whatever I can to pay for them.
    Reservations are free. Anyone who would charge you for them is an ass! I believe my spots will all be spoken for, as I have several people waiting to see if anyone opts out. You can go down there and wait for general admission. I believe at 8 PM, they start letting people in that do not have reservations, based upon space available. I never attempted that approach, but there is a chance you could get in without reservations.

Quote Originally Posted by SGTBrentG View Post
    Reservations are free. Anyone who would charge you for them is an ass! I believe my spots will all be spoken for, as I have several people waiting to see if anyone opts out. You can go down there and wait for general admission. I believe at 8 PM, they start letting people in that do not have reservations, based upon space available. I never attempted that approach, but there is a chance you could get in without reservations.
    Thank! I really appreciate your help. Maybe I'll try that this weekend or the next.

Thread Information