Want to join
Create Post

Thread: Want to join

Want to join

I have a strong interest in joining the Marines, I would go and enlist right now but there is just one thing I fear. Upon exiting the marines where would I be? Like what would I be able to do with my life? Right now I am in college and just finished my first year as a freshman but It's not what I want to do right now. If anyone has been in the same situation I am right now I would greatly appreciate it if you posted. I just don't want to be put in a position where once I am out of the marines I have few, if any doors open. Thank you,

Mitchell

Depending on MOS and eduacation opportunities you will be where you put yourself. You can get a great job straight out of the Corps or you can go back to college. You can finish college while in and become an officer. You open all your own doors. The Corps just gives you the master key.

Quote Originally Posted by Tookie22 View Post
    You open all your own doors. The Corps just gives you the master key.
    Couldn't have said it better.

Alright, thank you very much for your responses. They were the simple answers I needed

Mitchell since you are tired of college right now go in get the GI bill started save all your money. Get out continue your education and then you have the option for OCS school and becoming an officer. After that all the doors will be open with CEO's a smiling at each.

Who says you have to exit?

You may decide you like being a Marine so much you end up reenlisting. Or, some of us even made a career out of it (best decision I ever made).

Good luck to you.

It all depends on you. You get out of the Corps what you put in... Did anyone tell you that while you're in you can go to college for free without using your GI bill? If you have the dedication you can come out of your first enlistment with a bachelors.

Quote Originally Posted by Tennessee Top View Post
    Who says you have to exit?

You may decide you like being a Marine so much you end up reenlisting. Or, some of us even made a career out of it (best decision I ever made).

Good luck to you.
    Thank you for your post. By Exit I didn't mean enlist once and be done, they do make you leave at some point right?

Once again thank you all for your post, I am going to think through thoroughly on joining in these coming weeks.

Marine Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    They may force you to retire if you get passed up for promotion as a SNCO but thats a good ways down the line. And I can honestly say that even as a reservist, with deployment history and just the word "Marine" on my resume has gotten me tons of jobs.

My last job, I got interviewed by the General Manager, he saw that I was a Marine and then talked for 45 mintues about his Scout Sniper father who served in Vietnam and only just started started talking about it. I knew I had the job 30 seconds in.

But here I am looking to make a career out of it because I had so MUCH FUN active duty.

Whatever you do, know that you always have a future if you go Marines

Thread Information