Trying to enlist
Closed Thread

Trying to enlist

Hi my names Richard, and I was wondering if it would be possible to enlist with a criminal record of a first degree felony of armed robbery ( I have yet to go to court, so I don't know what might happen because I was just at the wrong place wrong time) i also have my GED and 15 college credits.. I know this is a question for a recruiter but I just wanted to see If anyone could give me some insight before I ask a recruiter about this.

In my opinion its gonna be tough.

Trolling for dollars ! Rod, who will be our first contestant ?

Sigh.

No.

Read the sticky at the top of the page. All will be explained.

I grow....weary.

Marine Friend Free Member USNAviator's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave2571 View Post
    Now, armed robbery has got to be something the Corps would surely overlook, don't you think? Why even inquire about it?

I like the way you termed it "first degree", like it is a source of pride or something.

And remember, everyone is at the wrong place at the wrong time. Sigh, it just happens. Like catching a cold.

Dave I'm sure the dude can get a waiver for this indiscretion. After all, armed robbery isn't as bad as an offending tat is it?

But I will have to agree with our astute and learned colleague from the War Room Round Table Society, VB, and call this one troll

Try the Army

Moderator Sgt Leprechaun went through a lot of his time and trouble to put these sticky topics together with valuable info for all of you wannabes and poolees.....and none of you bother to read them FIRST BEFORE posting, or bother doing a search first before posting.

Medical/Mental/Criminal/Tattoo Waivers/Lying to MEPS...READ THIS FIRST
    http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=97158

Yes, indeed. Armed robbery should not be a problem UNLESS there is a tattoo involved also, then it becomes downright disqualifying, especially if it is an Illuminati tattoo.
    LMAO

I'm glad I'm not a recruiter. I'd probably just close the doors and wonder WTF is going on these days. LOL
    YESSSSSSSS!!!!!

There should be an arcade game for recruiters. Instead of the mole-smashing with the padded mallet it would be Marine Corps applicants being smashed as they pop out of the holes to ask stupid questions.

OMG...

I'm going out on a limb here but I really think you will be disqualified.
    USMC now requires (3) 1st degree armed robbery felony charges just to get an appt. with a recruiter.
    It was a bi!ch for me to join because I had nothing on my police record.
    But, the recruiter liked me and I got a waiver....imagine my fear of being disqualified!

Of course I'm being sarcastic....I don't know where these (I presume) bi-pedal creatures are coming from but I felt just selfish enough to contribute my sarcasm before Sgt Lep gets 'weary' enough to get out the sledge hammer on this one.

I only hope this response doesn't tarnish my questionable image on this forum.

unless you robbed osama bin laden before the seals showed up, probably not

LOL~!

Yes...I've grown weary with this. Asked, answered, done.

Sigh.

Thread Information