Should I lie at MEPS?
Create Post
    Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings

Should I lie at MEPS?

I posted this in the wrong forum earlier.
    Hello, all. First, thank you for serving this great country, especially in the Marine Corps. Anyway, I am about to enroll in the DEP, but I am at a crossroad. A couple years ago, I was put on anti-depressants for a three year stretch. I was prescribed several different medications with several visits in that time span. I never took the meds though. My parents were going through a divorce, and my parents MADE me go to the doctors. They were really messed up at the time, and everything was crazy. Regardless, my medical records look terrible. I want to get a waiver, so I don't feel like I am sneaking in to the military. However, I went to the doctor to look at the f**king book that is my medical record now, and it would be a sure DQ I think. I tried getting the stuff removed now that I am eighteen and I never felt I needed it anyway. He said he couldn't do that, but I was able to file a note of disagreement. Should I just lie at MEPS about all of this bs? Also, I have a missing molar tooth from a wisdom tooth surgery, but my recruiter says it is no big deal, and that once they see it on the xray they won't care. Is that true? I hope I don't come off as high maintenance or like a possible detriment to the Corps. The last thing I want to do is lie. However, in my eyes, that does not break the core value of honor as it is trivial. These "conditions" don't affect me whatsoever and do not matter. I will pass BCT and become a Marine no matter what. Thanks in advance, everyone. I have looked everywhere online for answers, but there are not very many, and most of the time civilians are answering, so I came here to ask about my personal situation.

No offense, dumbest question ever. You are asking Marines whether you should lie... that is on you. Im not saying to lie but if you were to get caught it wouldnt be pretty. Now you came to a site that prides itself on INTEGRITY doing the right thing even if nobody is looking. Im not gonna put you on blast but standby for some of the older Marines. How long must you go without anti-depressants so you wont be dq'd?

I just deleted a thread on this/similiar topic. This is the deal...if you lie, there is a good chance that you WILL be caught....and WHEN that happens...out the door you will go, no matter what.

Have your doctors write it up for you, stating you never took the meds and whatever you *might* have been diagnosed with was temporary.

Worth a try.

Thread Information