Should I lie at MEPS? - Page 3
Closed Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Marine Friend Free Member USNAviator's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by doc h fmf View Post
    LYING ESPECIALLY MEDICAL PROBLEM IS A PET PEEVE TO MAKE A LONG STORY SHORT THIS KID HAD ASTHMA WITHHELD THIS INFO AND DIED.
    this has bothered me for years even though we did all we could do
    Doc it wasn't your fault nor the fault of the Corpsmen or Doctors. One of the consequences of being a liar is that someone gets hurt. It may be the liar him/her self but it's usually some trusting soul. In the case of combat, whether on the ground or above it, if you can't trust the individual you are with then cut your potential losses and get the hell away.

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by Sgt Leprechaun View Post
    I'd suggest an answer to the Commanders question, if you wish to remain on OUR site.....
    I appreciate it Jason but I don't expect to happen. He didn't get the answer he was fishing for. As a friend of mine so often tells me, God answers every prayer but sometimes the answer is no.

I know sir. Nonetheless, an OFFICER has, in fact, asked a question, and in MY little world, it will by god be answered.

Actions have consequences.....

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by Sgt Leprechaun View Post
    I know sir. Nonetheless, an OFFICER has, in fact, asked a question, and in MY little world, it will by god be answered.

Actions have consequences.....
    Understood Sgt.May I suggest giving him 24hrs? After all he might be off telling non verifiable deceptive hyperbole, resulting in vilification and mendacity........

LOL.

Done sir.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by USNAviator View Post
    Understood Sgt.May I suggest giving him 24hrs? After all he might be off telling non verifiable deceptive hyperbole, resulting in vilification and mendacity........
    Wow. So that's what the Navy does by making your guys wear those helmets and face masks. Nice vocab.

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulu 36 View Post
    Wow. So that's what the Navy does by making your guys wear those helmets and face masks. Nice vocab.

LOL, I only repeated what my Zoomie lawyer told me to say......

Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by USNAviator View Post
    Are you asking about my post?

"To the OP, are you in the habit of being a liar in your everyday life? If the answer is even a sometimes go find yourself another line of work. Why? Because a liar can't be trusted. Once you lose trust, damn hard to get it back"

Did I call you a liar? You came here asking if you should lie, you were told no with the exception of one incredibly immature individual. If it wasn't me, in your mind, please point out who called you a liar.
    Yes, I may have misunderstood your post or something. To me, it looked like your saying that because of me wanting to become a Marine and the fact that I have to omit some negligible facts that would not affect me in any type of combat situation whatsoever makes me a liar. I did not mean offense to anyone. I have the utmost respect for everyone serving. I'm not fishing for some kind of comfort either. I know that this situation is in no way a bad representation of my character or moral compass. All I needed to know was if a simple wisdom tooth and molar extratction could lead to me getting caught due to the X ray. My recruiter, who is in the Infantry, says that as long as this will not affect me or my unit, that there is nothing to worry about. The whole thing is a waste of time to deal with. Seeing as I will hopefully be in the Infantry (only guarantee is Combat Arms), I'm taking his advice. Honestly, I think the risk of punishment is worth being a Marine.

Quote Originally Posted by barronmyers View Post
    Yes, I may have misunderstood your post or something. To me, it looked like your saying that because of me wanting to become a Marine and the fact that I have to omit some negligible facts that would not affect me in any type of combat situation whatsoever makes me a liar. I did not mean offense to anyone. I have the utmost respect for everyone serving. I'm not fishing for some kind of comfort either. I know that this situation is in no way a bad representation of my character or moral compass. All I needed to know was if a simple wisdom tooth and molar extratction could lead to me getting caught due to the X ray. My recruiter, who is in the Infantry, says that as long as this will not affect me or my unit, that there is nothing to worry about. The whole thing is a waste of time to deal with. Seeing as I will hopefully be in the Infantry (only guarantee is Combat Arms), I'm taking his advice. Honestly, I think the risk of punishment is worth being a Marine.
    DO NOT LIE..........YOU WILL GET CAUGHT!!!

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by barronmyers View Post
    Fair enough ,you manned up. Just a misunderstanding, on YOUR part. Get use to it. Should you get to serve, you will internally question some orders you receive but that's as far as it goes, internally

Why would you even WANT to lie about something....so very stupid like THAT??

That's an easy waiver I would think.

They will find it during the mouth X-ray.

The Commander's word is good enough for me.

Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    I'm still in the works of figuring it all out. I just wanted some advice. Thanks Aviator and Leprechaun.

All I needed to know was if a simple wisdom tooth and molar extratction could lead to me getting caught due to the X ray.
    Dental at MCRD will find that you have a wisdom tooth/teeth missing.
    Look......man up, and don't lie. I had all 4 of my wisdom teeth removed when I was 17, and I went in the Marine Corps when I was 22...1988, and I didn't require any waivers. Maybe that's changed over the years, but lying about it just isn't worth it.
    Just so you know, some recruits get their wisdom teeth removed while in boot camp. My nephew did, and he went through boot camp 2 years ago. He was on bed rest the day he had them removed, light duty the next day, and then back to training the following day.

Geeesh....what's so hard about telling the truth on having a wisdom tooth removed.

No earthly idea. But I'm seeing far, far, too much of this thing lately. I've updated the sticky dealing with waivers, added a tat section, and now, alas,...a section on lying to MEPS.

Closing this one down, it's run it's course.

Thread Information