Should I lie at MEPS? - Page 2
Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Marine Friend Free Member USNAviator's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Can't believe even the title of the thread. How sad, how truly sad. And yes it's in all branches.

Can you imagine Chesty, Bull Halsey Dick Winters, my Dad, your Dad even thinking about such a question?

To the OP, are you in the habit of being a liar in your everyday life? If the answer is even a sometimes go find yourself another line of work. Why? Because a liar can't be trusted. Once you lose trust, damn hard to get it back

Start examining who you are, what your core values are before it's too late for you

So sad that you would try to pass along your distgusting ways to someone else. You know what I had some words for your sh*tbird a** but Im not even going to waste my frackin time on your sorry ass. SOOOO glad my beloved Corps has got rid of your a**. You fu**in distgust me.

Last edited by Sgt Leprechaun; 05-15-11 at 05:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave2571 View Post
    I was just thinking nearly the same thing as I was logging back on.
    It's one thing to lie and have no integrity.
    It's another to advise someone else, and especially a younger person, to follow in his footsteps.
    Good point.
    I'm to the point where I'm about to log out and power down. I have more respect for the weatherman right now than I do for Aloha. Sad I have to say that about my brethren. Im about to bite my tongue in half trying not to tell him whats on my mind.Telling someone that you know plenty, including yourself that lied at MEPS shows how much some really care about the oath they took, and our core values. It's distugusting that someone would even try to pass along corrupt information like that. Its a good thing we have Marines on this site who are willing to defend the integrity of our Corps. God bless them, and God bless the Corps.

Mistybluelady
    Guest Free Member
    It will be a beautiful day when Aloha is gone... do we have a countdown? here's to hoping once he is gone he doesnt post his babble anymore.....

Credits
    Savings
    I don't know anything about the enlistment process today but what's wrong with telling the truth? This guy says he didn't take the meds. The fact that they were prescribed doesn't mean anything. Dave's the expert but my common sense says, unless someone claims that they saw him taking them or a drug test found the meds in his body, its his word against a no ones. If you lie they are going to find out about it and from that point they won't believe anything you say. Tell the truth.

Credits
    Savings
    Agree, 100% Dave. I can understand him thinking about lying, he wants to be a Marine, Sometimes the desire overrules common sense. I give him credit for asking us and I think most of us gave him the right answer. I hope he heeds our advice

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by HST View Post
    I don't know anything about the enlistment process today but what's wrong with telling the truth? This guy says he didn't take the meds. The fact that they were prescribed doesn't mean anything. Dave's the expert but my common sense says, unless someone claims that they saw him taking them or a drug test found the meds in his body, its his word against a no ones. If you lie they are going to find out about it and from that point they won't believe anything you say. Tell the truth.

Geeez Tony, what a concept, tell the truth. It fly's in the face of common convention. How radical!

Fluckin A bubba!!!

Aloha's presence will no longer be in THIS room, as his information is 100 percent what 'we' DON'T tell kids.

While not banned from the site, his posting permissions in the 'recruit' area have been removed.

Honesty is the best policy. Period. It's also what our NCO's are SUPPOSED to have, a little thing called "Integrity". Might want to look that one up in your 'NCO Handbook'.

Furthermore, lest some young impressionable girl or guy get the wrong idea, those posts, including where quoted, have been removed.

Next offense of THIS nature, and I will remove the offending poster for a period of not less than 30 days.

Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by Tun Tavern View Post
    Barron, while I understand your plight to want to be a Marine at all cost, please don't take the advice of a person whose sole mission on LN.com is to be the board contrarian. He does not have your best interest at heart.

Though most who enlist fraudulently do not get caught, many do. Do you want to take that chance?

Check out these two links:

This one will explain what actually can happen to you if you are caught after fraudulently enlisting -
    http://usmilitary.about.com/od/punit...es/a/mcm83.htm

This one has examples of people who got caught and what happened to them -
    http://usmilitary.about.com/od/punit...es/a/mcm83.htm

Again, don't just take the word of somebody who has nothing to lose if you get caught. Do a little research on the web. There are many examples out there if you google "consequences for fraudulent enlistment".
    Thanks for the advice, Tavern and all who posted. Y'all really helped to put things in perspective. I don't remember who posted saying I am a liar or something, but that's not true whatsoever. It must be pretty f**cking nice to be able to be a part of the greatest brotherhood of all time without hiding anything. Unfortunately, I had no choice in the matter of those disqualifying doctors appts. If I wanted to cut corners or some sh*t like that, I would have enlisted in some other branch. I was only considering it because this is something I really want and would be willing to risk the punishment for. Anyone who knows me in real life wouldn't believe I was ever on some kind of prescription or that I am a liar. It's bs that I even have to worry about hiding it. Again, thanks to everyone that answered.

People sometimes get away with lying at first like one guy in my platoon back in bootcamp. He lied about having ADD or something like that, then he got hurt sometime in 2nd phase the docs were checking his files on meds he was allergic to and could or could not take and they found out he had been perscribed meds for ADD and that he had lied about it so he got seperated and sent home. Long story short from what i have witnessed is dont lie because they eventually will catch you. Now that kid is probably at home telling some story about how he was to tough for the Marine Corps or that he didnt feel like doing it anymore...dont put yourself in that position you are under a lot of stress at bootcamp why add more. God luck I hope everything works out for you

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by barronmyers View Post
    Thanks for the advice, Tavern and all who posted. Y'all really helped to put things in perspective. I don't remember who posted saying I am a liar or something, but that's not true whatsoever. It must be pretty f**cking nice to be able to be a part of the greatest brotherhood of all time without hiding anything. Unfortunately, I had no choice in the matter of those disqualifying doctors appts. If I wanted to cut corners or some sh*t like that, I would have enlisted in some other branch. I was only considering it because this is something I really want and would be willing to risk the punishment for. Anyone who knows me in real life wouldn't believe I was ever on some kind of prescription or that I am a liar. It's bs that I even have to worry about hiding it. Again, thanks to everyone that answered.

Are you asking about my post?

"To the OP, are you in the habit of being a liar in your everyday life? If the answer is even a sometimes go find yourself another line of work. Why? Because a liar can't be trusted. Once you lose trust, damn hard to get it back"

Did I call you a liar? You came here asking if you should lie, you were told no with the exception of one incredibly immature individual. If it wasn't me, in your mind, please point out who called you a liar.

Quote Originally Posted by barronmyers View Post
    Thanks for the advice, Tavern and all who posted. Y'all really helped to put things in perspective.
    You're welcome. I just wanted you to understand that the advice Aloha gave you was not 100% correct and the consequences for following his bad advice could be unsavory.

Also, I realized the link I gave you for the examples of penalties imposed to those who had fraudulently enlisted and got caught was the same link as the first one I included. So here is the proper one:

http://usmilitary.about.com/cs/joini...statements.htm

Please take a look at it.

Ultimately, the choice is up to you. We cannot force you to enlist with integrity.
    But I wanted you to be fully aware of what the outcome could be.

Good luck.

I'd suggest an answer to the Commanders question, if you wish to remain on OUR site.....

LYING ESPECIALLY MEDICAL PROBLEM IS A PET PEEVE TO MAKE A LONG STORY SHORT THIS KID HAD ASTHMA WITHHELD THIS INFO AND DIED.
    this has bothered me for years even though we did all we could do

Thread Information