MOS advice
Create Post

Thread: MOS advice

Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings

MOS advice

Im really thinking about joining the Marine Corps, but ive heard that once you are signed up, you dont really get a choice at what MOS you get, it all just depends on your test results and positions needing to be filled. I really want to be a heli pilot, but im not sure that if I join that I will be able to pick that MOS. My question is, as a marine is it pretty easy to pick your MOS or do they just place you where you are needed?

Thanks for your help!

Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Thanks! Ill search it then.

First to be a "Heli" pilot as you say you need to go Officer. All Pilots are Officers! To go Officer you will need a College Degree to be even considered. The most you could be as Enlisted on the Aviation side is Air Crew, Mechanic, or Aviation Electrician.

Marine Friend Free Member USNAviator's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by joshpugh View Post
    Im really thinking about joining the Marine Corps, but ive heard that once you are signed up, you dont really get a choice at what MOS you get, it all just depends on your test results and positions needing to be filled. I really want to be a heli pilot, but im not sure that if I join that I will be able to pick that MOS. My question is, as a marine is it pretty easy to pick your MOS or do they just place you where you are needed?

Thanks for your help!

You can fly rotary wing in the Army as enlisted but not in the Corps, you must be an officer.

Thread Information