Holy God!!! The Marine Corps FINALLY gets it right!!!
Create Post
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Holy God!!! The Marine Corps FINALLY gets it right!!!

This is unbelievable. Since many of you are old, retired Marines let me introduce you to one of the Corps' newest MarAdmins.

http://www.marines.mil/unit/hqmc/Pag...igchanges.aspx

MARADMIN 273/11 states, in a nutshell, that the Corps is no longer going to reenlist Marines solely on the first to volunteer but on a merit based system.

You all know my beef with SNCOs. It seems almost 70% of the Corps' lifers have the same story.

-Joined the Corps with no education, nothing to their name, just a straight loser out of high school.

-Were ****bags as first termers. 3rd class PFT, marksman on the range, belligerent, rude.

-Got some fat ass ugly dependosaurus woman pregnant and racked up a ton of debt with a brand new car and a STAR Card.

-Had to Reenlist because they would never be able to get on their feet if they got out.

I have not only seen SNCOs like this, but my peers as well. I know a Corporal who fits all these descriptions so when July 2010 rolled around he had to sign on the dotted line for 4 more. This Marine is a piece of **** but because he was the first one to stand up and say "I'll reenlist", because he has no other options, he gets the boatspace.

On the other hand, I have a Marine who was considering reenlistment but waited merely ONE MONTH and the spot was gone. He has a 4.8/4.8 pro/con average, 300 PFT, is exceptional at his job and his motivation, and is one of the best Marines I have ever met in my entire life. He wants to, but can't reenlist and is EASing in a few months because ******* #1 took his boatspace.

How is that right? We all know the Marine Corps has the best officers in the military because they all have to pass career retention boards and if you get passed up twice for a promotion, you're done.

Why is the enlisted side any different? Stop letting the low lifes who have to reenlist because they have no other options stay in just because they are the first to raise their right hand.

I am ****ing impressed, hopefully this implementation will work as intended and not get sidetracked. For example, if a Tier 1 reenlistee turns in an application in November he should boot out a Tier 4 Marine even if he tried to reenlist in July when the boatspaces came out.

The next step is removing the 60 point promotion incentive for cutting scores for Cpl and Sergeant.

Good job General Amos. Hopefully the new Sergeant Major of the Marine Corps had some influence in this too.

Why in the hell are you worried about it. Didn't you say you were EAS last monday. Figured you would be out demonstrating with the rest of the frat kids by now.

Maybe 10% of SNCO's fit your description; certainly not 70%. But I do agree that the merit system is certainly better than the first come, first served system.

DEPENDOSAURUS!!! Freakin hillarious!

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by YLDNDN6 View Post
    DEPENDOSAURUS!!! Freakin hillarious!
    Yeah. Doesn't take much imagination on that.

Aren't you a civilian by now?

What the hell does it matter to you how the Corps retains people anyway when all you could think about was getting out?

Quote Originally Posted by Tennessee Top View Post
    Aren't you a civilian by now?

What the hell does it matter to you how the Corps retains people anyway when all you could think about was getting out?

Why are you attacking him? He's soon getting out, and is still joyed about the MC improving it's policy,and I think this is news we can all agree is good .

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    The Corps did the same thing in I wanna say 92. It was a downsizing thing. They actually had re-enlistment selection boards for 1st termers.

joseywales
    Guest Free Member
    talk about a pot calling a kettle black. aloha is one of the very worst leadership examples found in the modern world, got out last week, now all he thinks about is the Corps? I ain't buying it

Quote Originally Posted by LandsNGrooves View Post
    Why are you attacking him? He's soon getting out, and is still joyed about the MC improving it's policy,and I think this is news we can all agree is good .
    Just find it curious somebody with a big-time short-timer's attitude feels the need to get on here and publish the USMC's latest reenlistment policy. What's the point and what does it matter to them since they are getting out?

He's not joyed about the new policy; his point was to bash SNCO's and lifers...which I happen to be one of them. So, I took exception to it. I never HAD to reenlist; I did it multiple times because I preferred being a Marine SNCO over a civilian puke and never regretted it (eventhough my career cost me my marriage).

I respect the OP's rank, appreciate his service to our country and Corps, and wish him all the best in his next life (as a civilian). Can care less about his attitude toward SNCO's and lifers. He'll never be either.

A-M I don't think you know a hole in a bord from your own. This here Marine Corps has always had it right. If not we would not be here now. Times change and the Marine Corps changes with it. We may not like it but we change with it.

joseywales
    Guest Free Member
    He's not being "attacked" hes being fairly criticized for coming down hard on the Corps since he joined the boards in June of 2010.
    Ya gotta go back and read Alohas posts for the true anti-Corps flavor

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by DHaskins8 View Post
    He's not being "attacked" hes being fairly criticized for coming down hard on the Corps since he joined the boards in June of 2010.
    Ya gotta go back and read Alohas posts for the true anti-Corps flavor

Mr. Haskins,
    Hang around a while and read deeper. Aloha has been around here since he was a poolee under a different name. He joined the Corps contract infantry then broke his dick and was put in supply. Now he's a ninja supply pogue leading you to believe that he is a grunt.

joseywales
    Guest Free Member
    take a look at his prior posts, bulky

Thread Information