Boresnake to ITB?
Create Post

Boresnake to ITB?

I understand that Marines reporting to ITB (SOI East) are able to bring some small items of extra gear with them.

I also fully understand that anything we bring we may be expected to store, keep track of, hump, and it might grow legs and disappear at anytime. So I'm not planning on bringing a laptop or MP3 player nor all the high-speed low-drag snivel gear from the geardo stores. However, I was thinking of bringing a couple of light, small, highly useful items that might serve me well at SOI. If people think they'd be useful and permissable to take, I'll order them now so I'll have my selected items from preferred vendors waiting for me when I come back to my place during boot leave. This brings me to my main question:

Would boot Marines reporting to ITB be allowed to bring and use a boresnake? It seems it would save me considerable weapon-cleaning time especially given the amount of time we'll be spending in the field. I've had friends go through OCS and TBS and report that choosing to bring a boresnake was very handy to them. Anybody with experience at ITB who can comment on the usefulness and/or permissibility of a boresnake?

Thank you, Marines.

definitely, very good idea too. Just be stingy with it or it will walk away.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Variations of these have been around for a long time, ever since breech-loading small-arms have been in existence. They are often called "pull-throughs." Pull-throughs are common issue in European armies.

I own a couple of different pull-throughs (not this Boresnake), but I prefer the cleaning rod. However, a pull-through does pack up into a smaller space.

Your choice. If you get one, keep it safe.

Thread Information