To many flags - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: To many flags

Quote Originally Posted by Mongoose View Post
    Jack, you and Russ know what I mean when I say you have to really work to be an American. The way we know it. So many wanna bes and used to bes always trying to pull you down. Sometimes it makes me want to do harm to them
    Yeah Mongoose I know what you mean. I control my temper pretty well today for the most part. I must admit there are times when I hear this voice in my head say "Go ahead and push a little harder" but they always back off. God, I miss the day when another man would just get up in your face and call you out. Where have all the real men gone, not these pc correct retards.

Of course I'd probably have to kill them today, but I still miss it.

The major issue that I believe the town council has with all the flags is that IF the building were to catch fire the flags could catch or if the fire dept needs to get to the top of the building and there are flags along the entire roof they can get in the way of them doing their jobs. If you think about trying to take 40 lbs of turnout gear and an O2 tank as well as a hose up a ladder and onto a roof while there are 6 flags each measuring most likely 3'X5' in your way you could get caught up in them and fall. I can see where the council would be coming from on this and I agree with Dave, its not the flags its the codes. Just like if someone had a flag in the back window of a car and they could not see out of it and recieved a ticket for violationg the law about "window tinting and obstructing" would that be an issue about flying the American flag? No.

Mongoose
    Guest Free Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jwilcox27 View Post
    The major issue that I believe the town council has with all the flags is that IF the building were to catch fire the flags could catch or if the fire dept needs to get to the top of the building and there are flags along the entire roof they can get in the way of them doing their jobs. If you think about trying to take 40 lbs of turnout gear and an O2 tank as well as a hose up a ladder and onto a roof while there are 6 flags each measuring most likely 3'X5' in your way you could get caught up in them and fall. I can see where the council would be coming from on this and I agree with Dave, its not the flags its the codes. Just like if someone had a flag in the back window of a car and they could not see out of it and recieved a ticket for violationg the law about "window tinting and obstructing" would that be an issue about flying the American flag? No.
    I got no problem with logical reasons. But you see more and more B.S. about our Countrys flag being flown in public. Always someones rights being violated.

Because people feel so ****ty about themselves because they have never done anything to support this country that they feel the need to make the people that do love and support this great nation feel like it is wrong for them to publicly display support.

Maybe it's just a publicity stunt,national news equals free advertising.Small town businesses are hurting in this economy,an extra hundred dollars or more due to increased traffic never hurt anyone.

Thread Information