Be Curteous and Respectfull?
Create Post
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Be Curteous and Respectfull?

When i first came on this site about a week ago, I thought i would have a great time talking to some good Marines about past good times, maybe learn something in the process, instead as i am lurking and looking at threads it has come to my attention that because i am a dark green Marine i may not be welcome here. Its a shame. When i put my feet on those Yellow footprints some almost 29 years ago, i thought i was a part of something special, the United States Marine Corps, a band of brothers that went through hell together. Nobody's bends and thrusts or mountain climbers or any of thos crazy arse exercises they made us do were any important than anyone elses. Some 27 years ago i was welcomed by a company commander in Camp Lejuene NC with a nice, "I dont like ******s and as long as i am here you will never get promoted". something that a young Marine should never hear come out of a leaders of Marines mouth. It was so profound that I had made up my mind when my eas was up i would leave my beloved Corps.

It is now 2011 and i see things havent changed. Im very dissapointed in what i am reading, it is so sad that we feel we are better than someone else. no matter who you are YOU ARE NO BETTER OR NO WORSE THAN I, remember the Marine Corps Creed "this is my rifle" is this creed only for White Marines? or is it for all of those brave men and women that put there feet on those yellow footprints. Lets all take a deep breath and take a look inside and ask ourselves, do you really have to act this way towards your fellow man or fellow Marine?

As i write this letter to my fellow Marines i can't stop crying because of the hurt i feel and the cowardly comments that i see made on this web site. Every single day i serve our Military Veterans and every day i greet each and every Marine, Soldier,Airman, and Navy Veteran with Kindness, respect and the willingness to help them unconditionally. We are all brave men and women that need to be treated with respect and kindness, not just because you happen to be of the same color or background, but because we are all Marines. Some 27 years ago i was rocked to my core by some racist arse man that was supposed to protect me and make sure i would be a good Marine, but i got the opposite instead.

Please dont be like that company commander, he wasnt a Marine, he was a man in a uniform that had hate for men of a different color. its lucky i never had to go to battle with this man because i know if i had i would have eleminated him. there is no room in our Corps for this. Maybe one day things will change.

Semper Fi

R-

joseywales
    Guest Free Member
    You figure this is a white v black and black v white forum? quite wrong, unless you think a few comments speak for all on the forum.
    Do you? If you do, then you are guilty of the very discrimination you demonize. You know quite well that there may be a few idiotic comments made on any public forum, and this is true no matter the venue.
    So you take a few comments made and extend that to most on the forum. That is prejudging all forum members based on the comments a few make.
    I thought that was what we were supposed to be disapproving of, and yet we are doing it too?

No Comment

Not sure at all which comments have caused you grief, and i wont ask for you to dredge them up so i can read them.
    So welcome aboard or not...

What is truely hard here is being a Democrat liberal.

Quote Originally Posted by RonaldOverby View Post
    When i first came on this site about a week ago, I thought i would have a great time talking to some good Marines about past good times, maybe learn something in the process, instead as i am lurking and looking at threads it has come to my attention that because i am a dark green Marine i may not be welcome here. Its a shame. When i put my feet on those Yellow footprints some almost 29 years ago, i thought i was a part of something special, the United States Marine Corps, a band of brothers that went through hell together. Nobody's bends and thrusts or mountain climbers or any of thos crazy arse exercises they made us do were any important than anyone elses. Some 27 years ago i was welcomed by a company commander in Camp Lejuene NC with a nice, "I dont like ******s and as long as i am here you will never get promoted". something that a young Marine should never hear come out of a leaders of Marines mouth. It was so profound that I had made up my mind when my eas was up i would leave my beloved Corps.

It is now 2011 and i see things havent changed. Im very dissapointed in what i am reading, it is so sad that we feel we are better than someone else. no matter who you are YOU ARE NO BETTER OR NO WORSE THAN I, remember the Marine Corps Creed "this is my rifle" is this creed only for White Marines? or is it for all of those brave men and women that put there feet on those yellow footprints. Lets all take a deep breath and take a look inside and ask ourselves, do you really have to act this way towards your fellow man or fellow Marine?

As i write this letter to my fellow Marines i can't stop crying because of the hurt i feel and the cowardly comments that i see made on this web site. Every single day i serve our Military Veterans and every day i greet each and every Marine, Soldier,Airman, and Navy Veteran with Kindness, respect and the willingness to help them unconditionally. We are all brave men and women that need to be treated with respect and kindness, not just because you happen to be of the same color or background, but because we are all Marines. Some 27 years ago i was rocked to my core by some racist arse man that was supposed to protect me and make sure i would be a good Marine, but i got the opposite instead.

Please dont be like that company commander, he wasnt a Marine, he was a man in a uniform that had hate for men of a different color. its lucky i never had to go to battle with this man because i know if i had i would have eleminated him. there is no room in our Corps for this. Maybe one day things will change.

Semper Fi

R-
    I was a bit confused at first when you thought you wouldn't be welcome here as a Marine. I looked at your profile and then looked to see where you posted and Viola. I get it. Implied lynching isn't cool regardless of the intended victim.

You, however, may have jumped the gun and assumed more than is implied. I am no familiar enough with the Marine to know weather his ire is the result of race or politics and I doubt you are either.

If it's race that's his problem.

Marine Friend Free Member USNAviator's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Ron

Welcome aboard from a non-Marine, southern born Naval officer.

I'm not sure where you are going with this. Do you feel there are segments here on LN that are racists?

If so please feel free to point them out keeping in mind that the public cannot see the Marine Only section so it would be best to post them in Chesty's Hooch etc

I truly am sorry you feel racism is prevalent here, perhaps it is. I don't know but kindly let us know where you think it exists

Respectfully

Dan O'Shea

Yes Ron welcome aboard, I hope after a rocky start that all will be forgotten and start anew.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave2571 View Post
    Yes, indeed. I just found the post, I did it on my own, no one pointed it out to me, it took some digging----- and it is one sentence in one post out of a grand total of exactly 725,780 posts.
    That's why the original post is uncalled for.
    Yeah I did the same earlier and didn't quote it because it didn't seem necessary. Also in said posts ....

Nice job Seal team 6

about those 72 virgins who said they were women. Bin Laden i wish you bad luck in hell...

I hope we can assume this has nothing to do with his religion and everything to do with the fact he's an @$$.

Or just be a Marine and confront the person that offended you and if you are unable to resolve it at your level then take it up with a moderator. Solve things like this the same way you would have in the Corps, on the lowest level possible instead of making it a huge issue when it is very possible that there was no racism intended and somebody's personal opinion on a particular persons character.

Quote Originally Posted by michagnu View Post
    Yeah I did the same earlier and didn't quote it because it didn't seem necessary. Also in said posts ....

Nice job Seal team 6

about those 72 virgins who said they were women. Bin Laden i wish you bad luck in hell...

I hope we can assume this has nothing to do with his religion and everything to do with the fact he's an @$$.

If you read my profile you will see that i was born and raised in Newark NJ there is a very dinsley populated area of muslims nin that area of nj, i have many many muslim friends to this day, i know about muslims, far more than you my friend. this is a bad start for me on this site, it doesnt seem like this is the site for me, i wish all of you the best.

if any modrator reads this post please delete my account, i will not return.

R-

Again I feel you are over-reacting to that statement, he said and I quote "I hope we can assume this has nothing to do with his religion and everything to do with the fact he's an @$$." saying that he is an @$$ is neither against race or religion.

I'm sorry that you are offended by these things and wish you the best.
    Semper Fi

Credits
    Savings
    Someone made a comment, you yourself made a anti-religious comment, but that was different.
    Our entire membership was accused based on something that was not even stated at the very beginning, no mod was contacted.
    Done.

Agreed Dave we don't need a blanket indictment. Ron if you have a problem, man up and tell us where it exists. I don't think it's asking too much do you?

Credits
    Savings
    I saw the problem, Dan, and it was a stupid and inappropriate comment made by one member. No one pointed it out to me, I had to dig and dig and dig but I eventually found it. Yes, it is inappropriate, highly so.
    But--------
    I'm sorry but one quote out of how many??? Is that what you are talking about???

I'm sorry but one quote out of how many??? Is that what you are talking about???
    Yup one quote

Thread Information