I have been granted the oppurtunity to become a U.S Marine!!!
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I have been granted the oppurtunity to become a U.S Marine!!!

Hello Marines,
    I am SOOOOOOOO excited to say that after 10 months of fighting exactly. My waiver has come back approved. I take the oath of enlistment on June 1st and at that point I will be given my ship date.
    I am soo stoked to say that I have proved my self worthy of a chance to become a United States Marine. Watch out because aint nothin stopping me now.

Thank you to all the Marines that have stood by me through this process, and encouraged me during my down moments.

I would also like to tell all the wannabee's that read this. A medical waiver is not an impossible thing however, you MUST prove yourself worthy and capable of serving in the Marine Corps. So keep your head up and fight like hell and you may prevail.

Thanks Again Marines!!!

Phantom Blooper
    Guest Free Member
    Good luck....

Like I told you months ago.....keep up the fight!

Swear in and be true to yourself.....

Outstanding.....and the best of luck to you!

Good Luck, Semper Fidelis.

Thanks Again to all of you Marines. Hopefully I will be a Marine by this time next year!!!

OUTstanding!!!! Congrats! Let me know when I can change you from 'friend' to POOLEE!

Congratulations and Best Wishes!

Gung Ho,

Ray

Awesome news! Congrats!!!

Have fun, enjoy the ride.

Oh You will love it in a yr

No doubt in my mind you will earn your EGA some day!

Congratulations and keep us posted on your progress.

Credits
    Savings
    Good for you
    Stay motivated

Keep us posted

Thanks Again Marines, I go Monday 830 to re-fill out all of my enlistment papers. Then within the next week or two I have to run the IST!!! Thanks Again, this is a dream come true!!!

Hello Marines,
    I have another question for y'all, I do apologize in advance if this has been asked before but I could not find anything. I am hoping for M.P 5811 and ultimately bust my butt and become a dog handler.
    However, I am going to be turning 18 two weeks after I swear in. If I figured it out correctly Boot, MCT,and MOS school will be about 8 months long. I wouldn't be 19 upon the time completion of my MOS school.

So my question is will they still allow me to chose MOS and just put my ship date at a time that would put my MOS graduation after my 19th birthday. I would really like to be an M.P however, the most important thing to me is becoming a Marine but I was just looking for some insight.

Thanks to any and all Marines that take the time to read and respond to my question.

I think, if you run a search, you'll find a couple of Marines who are/were dog handlers, and they talk about the process. Not sure on the age requirement though. Try that first, if it doesn't work, go ahead and start a new thread.

Thread Information