New here.
Create Post
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: New here.

New here.

Semper Fidelis Marines,

Just thought I'd say hi to you all. I found this site after I heard some guys talking about it. I've been in the Corps since I graduated from the Naval Academy last year. I hope I can learn a lot from you all, and I'm hoping I can contribute as best I can to this site. Thanks to Sgt. Leprechaun for the warm welcome so far too.

S/F,

Luke.

I'll chime in with a 'welcome'.

Lots to learn from many perspectives here as I consider myself a life long *student* in the perpetual quest for knowledge, wisdom and perspective.

Any questions about 'tattoos'?
    It's a joke here....you'll figure it out.

Enjoy...

Marine Friend Free Member USNAviator's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by Luke0402 View Post
    Semper Fidelis Marines,

Just thought I'd say hi to you all. I found this site after I heard some guys talking about it. I've been in the Corps since I graduated from the Naval Academy last year. I hope I can learn a lot from you all, and I'm hoping I can contribute as best I can to this site. Thanks to Sgt. Leprechaun for the warm welcome so far too.

S/F,

Luke.

Welcome aboard Lt. Good to have some young blood pumping through LN.

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave2571 View Post
    Gee, there aren't too many questions about tattoo waivers. LOL
    Lt., Dave is the local JAG, I'm a token Squid. There are some Corpsmen aboard and yes the tattoo waiver questions do get tiresome.......

Welcome aboard sir.

There is a lot of history here and some characters as well. Have only been a member myself a short time.

One thing I learned very quickly is anybody can say anything on a public forum with no fear of punishment. Haven't figured out yet if that's a good thing or not. But certainly, you will encounter some salty PVT's, PFC's, and LCPL's directing comments towards you they would never even consider saying to your face (because their next paycheck would be a lot lighter).

You will also find Marines (supposedly) who have absolutely no esprit de corps and actually try to convince others there is nothing special about the USMC and we are just "another service" playing our part. I know, I wouldn't believe it either but you'll see for yourself.

But, it's not all negative and don't want to leave that impression. There is also a lot of love for our Corps here and a since of brotherhood.

Glad to have you aboard. Another officer's perspective is always needed and welcomed. There are always wannabes with questions about the Naval Academy so you can be a valuable resource for them.

Marine Free Member AAV Crewchief's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Welcome LT. Hope you have a thick skin.

Mongoose
    Guest Free Member
    Quote Originally Posted by USNAviator View Post

Welcome aboard Lt. Good to have some young blood pumping through LN.
    I been here awhile, Dan. And you never said anything about my young blood pumping through L.N. Or do you officers only welcome and compliment each other?

Mongoose
    Guest Free Member
    By the way LT. welcome aboard Sir.

Thanks everyone for the welcomes. I noticed all the tat questions. I don't have any tats (believe it or not). Never really saw a need to have one haha.

-Luke

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by Mongoose View Post
    I been here awhile, Dan. And you never said anything about my young blood pumping through L.N. Or do you officers only welcome and compliment each other?
    Well he hasn't left his calling card yet so this is the best we can do.

Billy, once Luke see's that beard of yours he'll undestand why this is really an out patient facility for the Terminally Befuddled

Luke this is Mongoose, a Marine without a doppelganger. Long story, soon coming to a movie theater near you

Guest Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Welcome Aboard Lt.

Semper Fi,
    Rocky

Mongoose: You could have been a Gentleman.

Welcome aboard Lt. Nice to have some new blood/opinions around here. Getting tired of some of these old farts opinions.

I used to run the Clothing Cash Sales store at Barstow. I was there for 3 years and put a windshield in my vehicle each year. Sand storms are crazy around there.

Mongoose
    Guest Free Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Marine View Post
    Mongoose: You could have been a Gentleman.

Welcome aboard Lt. Nice to have some new blood/opinions around here. Getting tired of some of these old farts opinions.

I used to run the Clothing Cash Sales store at Barstow. I was there for 3 years and put a windshield in my vehicle each year. Sand storms are crazy around there.
    Willie, I was a gentleman. After I got over Dan hurting my feelings. I welcomed the LT. with all sincerity. Willie, Im just you. Im get weary,( quoting Lep) , of those old farts opinions. How bout you, me, and Aloha forming our own little group.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Welcome Aboard LT.Semper Fi.Jim

Thread Information