would my tattoo go over the policy?
Create Post
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

would my tattoo go over the policy?

so if i got a tattoo around my neck, and it said "------cut here-----" 4 "cut heres" and those lines around my neck, it would be under the shirt line, so it would be more then coverd by a regular t shirt, and its just in all black. not thick print or anything. really thin, kinda like that text.

is this okay to get? if it can be coverd up easily? i could have to take my shirt off for you to see it, or really stretch my shirt.

thanks!!

Why risk it?

What happens if you get it and then they say "sorry"? Too late at that point.

Not worth the gamble in my opinion but it's your future. Feeling lucky?

Uhhh. No. Big mistake. Remember who will be looking at the pictures of this when they get sent up to HQMC for approval.....older NCO's, SNCO's, and officers.

My vote would be to DQ you. And I'm pretty liberal when it comes to tats. However, that one would be a 'no go'. I don't think I'm in the minority, either.

I would say "Uhh no" But if you want it that bad, well tattoos never go away, so get it after you do your time in the Corps. No need to get it now and risk never getting to be One of the Few, The Proud, when you can wait a few years to get it. Your life is on the dice you roll.

Phantom Blooper
    Guest Free Member
    I would say since you are aware of the current sitrep on tattoos....you need to quit acting like a badazz and a dumbazz........

Because even before you have a chance to sign up....someone on the block may take you up on your offer and say off with your head....and take your wallet....

You'll just give another step by step directions.....

What is with the stupid tattoo questions the past few days?

What is more important right now? The tat or joining the Corps?

Quote Originally Posted by rktect3j View Post
    What is with the stupid tattoo questions the past few days?

What is more important right now? The tat or joining the Corps?
    As our friend Forrest would say...."stupid is as stupid does".

Marine Friend Free Member USNAviator's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by Narco View Post
    so if i got a tattoo around my neck, and it said "------cut here-----" 4 "cut heres" and those lines around my neck, it would be under the shirt line, so it would be more then coverd by a regular t shirt, and its just in all black. not thick print or anything. really thin, kinda like that text.

is this okay to get? if it can be coverd up easily? i could have to take my shirt off for you to see it, or really stretch my shirt.

thanks!!
    Narco you just turned 16 a couple of weeks ago, You're two years away from enlisting. What will happen if policy changes again and your type of tat is a no go?

Think long and hard about this move because if you're DQ'd, it's your own fault

With the current tattoo policy, if a tattoo is above the 7th vertabrae on the back of your neck, or if it can be seen in the V of the standard short sleeve Charlie shirt then it is deemed a disqualifying tattoo. Anything on the wrist, hands, neck or head are also considered disqualifying tattoo.

I would highly suggest not getting this tattoo if you are either in the DEP or plan on enlisting in the near future.

this has got to be the illuminati guy under a new username...there is no way that a potential applicant, who wants to be a Marine, would ask such a stupid question...First, you don't have the tattoo yet, you are just thinking about getting it? Second, just what kind of message are you trying to send about yourself with that tattoo? Third, do you think you will be taken seriously displaying yourself like that? And lastly, what is the significance of this tattoo that makes you even still want to get it, knowing it is probably not a good idea which leads you to starting this thread?My advice: get it, then get DQ'd and join the Army, they like neck tattoos...

thanks!!
    That really sounds like a great idea. If I were you I would find the best tatoo parlor in my town and immediately go down and have the tat installed. While there I would get a very large EGA tat on my chest and a great big USMC Bulldog on my back.

Since you are there getting the tats might as well have them put Semper Fi on your fingers. How about a sleeve on each arm?

Now the only thing holding you back is money and a brain the size of a pea.

Quote Originally Posted by Old Marine View Post
    That really sounds like a great idea. If I were you I would find the best tatoo parlor in my town and immediately go down and have the tat installed. While there I would get a very large EGA tat on my chest and a great big USMC Bulldog on my back.

Since you are there getting the tats might as well have them put Semper Fi on your fingers. How about a sleeve on each arm?

Now the only thing holding you back is money and a brain the size of a pea.
    LOL. Definitely. Plus, while you're at it, get the illuminati tatto with your own eye above the pyramid. I'm pretty sure you'll be the hardest poolee at the RS. Make sure you get your tattoos first though -- make a good first impression on the recruiters.

No, believe it or not, this is a different person. I think, however, he's gotten the correct message.

Phantom Blooper
    Guest Free Member
    Damn...I thought you were a defense attorney.....not a prosecuter working for the DA....

But...I do second that motion...although it would just be easier to wait for Judge Parker....cheaper....unless the five hundred is for a beer run...

thanks!!
    Yeah, its not going to fly with the Corps.

Thread Information