Became a poolee today!!
Create Post

Became a poolee today!!

And I am so excited and happy. I've been waiting for almost two years to be able to sit down with a recruiter and sign that dotted line. As of right now, I'm an open contract because I'm waiting until the new fiscal year to get a fresh pick of jobs. They gave me a ship date of 20120305. I scored a 74 on my ASVAB.

That's a long time between now and when I head over to The Island so I'm definitely gonna PT my butt off to max out all of my IST scores. Right now I'm hanging anywhere between 15 - 30 seconds, putting out 95 crunches, and running a 14:25 1.5 mile. Starting on a good diet because I meet the weight requirements but my recruiter wants me to cut down at least 10 pounds between now and my ship date so I'm not in danger of being a fatbody.

If anyone's got questions regarding MEPS you can ask me because I've been there 3 times in the last 3 weeks for medical processing and everything is fresh in my mind (at least at the moment, haha). Best of luck to everyone trying to enlist right now! Just stay motivated and stick with it and you can do it!

Poolee Sauerwein

Congratulations on your first step towards earning the title and good luck when the new MOS quotas come out!

My niece will be joining shortly after she finishes her junior year. She only scored a 48 on the practice ASVAB but she wasn't prepared for it (her recruiter surprised her) and she has been studying ASVAB questions for a few months since in hopes of raising her score. I am taking her to Parris Island first week in June to attend family day and watch a female platoon graduate. She will have the opportunity to talk to some graduates as well as female DI's. It's going to be an outstanding trip for both of us and will be my first time at MCRDPI. I plan on posting a couple pics when we get back.

Good luck to you and keep us posted on your progress.

Guest Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Congrats Loryn.
    Way to hang in there !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Tennessee Top View Post
    Congratulations on your first step towards earning the title and good luck when the new MOS quotas come out!

My niece will be joining shortly after she finishes her junior year. She only scored a 48 on the practice ASVAB but she wasn't prepared for it (her recruiter surprised her) and she has been studying ASVAB questions for a few months since in hopes of raising her score. I am taking her to Parris Island first week in June to attend family day and watch a female platoon graduate. She will have the opportunity to talk to some graduates as well as female DI's. It's going to be an outstanding trip for both of us and will be my first time at MCRDPI. I plan on posting a couple pics when we get back.

Good luck to you and keep us posted on your progress.
    Thank you very much Top. (:

And that's awesome that you're taking her to PI in June. When are you going because I have a friend from the RS I'm at who is set to graduate from Papa Co. on June 3rd.

Makes me wish I lived close to PI so I could get a chance to talk to new female Marines and female DI's, but I can't complain because I only live a few hours away from MCRDSD so I get to see a little bit of what it's like.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhode Island View Post
    Congrats Loryn.
    Way to hang in there !!!
    Thanks RI! Definitely been a long wait, and there is still more waiting to do, but I've come this far and I'm never gonna give up. I want that EGA.

Congrats to you....and I'll second what Rhode Island said, "way to hang in there"!
    I don't know if you've looked through this thread at all, but if you haven't, you may want to. I went back to Parris Island in August of 2009 to see my nephew graduate. While there, I took some pics of 4th BN. It'll give you a heads up on what it looks like.
    I'm glad I had the chance to go back after 21 years, I graduated in June of 1988, and I think it's something every Marine should do, if possible, financially of course.

Best of luck to you....and you have plenty of time to get yourself into shape and lose whatever weight you need to lose yet.

Female Marine Advice Needed(ASAP PLEASE)
    http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/sh...t=92068&page=5

Quote Originally Posted by Dave2571 View Post
    Congratuations. Sounds like you will do very well in boot camp, with your motivation level. You already know to give them 100% every waking moment. That's what they want and expect.
    Sounds to me like you will do just fine!

PM Sgt Leprechaun and he can change your status to Poolee.
    I'm definitely going to fight for guide while I'm in boot and maybe, if I'm good enough to them, I'll prove to them why I should be Co. Honorwoman.
    If I get it, I'll be ecstatic, if not at least I'll know that I gave 110% trying to get it.

I sent Sgt Lep a PM last night so hopefully he'll change it sometime today.

Thank you so much!

Quote Originally Posted by SoftballCatch23 View Post
    Congrats to you....and I'll second what Rhode Island said, "way to hang in there"!
    I don't know if you've looked through this thread at all, but if you haven't, you may want to. I went back to Parris Island in August of 2009 to see my nephew graduate. While there, I took some pics of 4th BN. It'll give you a heads up on what it looks like.
    I'm glad I had the chance to go back after 21 years, I graduated in June of 1988, and I think it's something every Marine should do, if possible, financially of course.

Best of luck to you....and you have plenty of time to get yourself into shape and lose whatever weight you need to lose yet.

Female Marine Advice Needed(ASAP PLEASE)
    http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/sh...t=92068&page=5
    Thank you so much! The pictures are great and it makes me even more excited for when I ship out. I can't wait!

Quote Originally Posted by SheDevilPup View Post
    Thank you so much! The pictures are great and it makes me even more excited for when I ship out. I can't wait!
    You're Welcome!

Thread Information