My final six days.
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

My final six days.

I just made a post in the poolee hall but I know that
    some of the Marines on here can't post there so I'm
    making a post here.

I'm shipping to boot on 20110509, six days.
    I'm extremely motivated and can't wait until I
    can report back and let you all know that I have
    earned my title as Marine.

I guess since this is the "Ask A Marine" forum I
    should ask a question.

Any last minute advice?

'last minute advice'....OK.....just couple of thoughts come to mind from my time.

Set the best example during your training and strive to be the toughest in your platoon as you may be called upon some day to save a Brother during combat.
    Let all around you know, by example...not bluster, that earning The Title is paramount and that nothing will keep you from that goal.
    Lead by example.
    When you think you have nothing left in the tank during your upcoming challenges........you dig deep like never before in your life.
    There are few rewards in life that measure up to earning The Title.

Do not embarrass us weed hopper.<grin>

Best of luck....

Thank you very much for that.
    Honestly it gave me chills when I read it.

I know that I will overcome any obstacle that stands in the way of me and the title of Marine and eventually Recon Marine.

Quote Originally Posted by Barnett20110425 View Post
    Thank you very much for that.
    Honestly it gave me chills when I read it.

I know that I will overcome any obstacle that stands in the way of me and the title of Marine and eventually Recon Marine.
    Do not ever forget this commitment to yourself when you hit the yellow footprints.....repeat as necessary.
    You don't realize this now but before you know it boot will be done and you can say to yourself........
    '...self, holy ****....I did it!'

Glad to offer some perspective.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Advice? Family time. When you get back all will be different. You, and them.

Same statement one more time.

Keep your head and butt wired together. Keep your eyes and ears open and your mouth shut. Do everything quickly and give 100%

Remember it is 13 weeks.... 91 days to achieve your title.

Finally, remember to come back here with your title to allow us to welcome you into the family of Marines.

Good luck!

Hey send me a sand flea! I miss the little buggers!

(just because chulaivett1966 gave better advice than I can)

Last edited by Cpl Heglar; 05-03-11 at 01:50 PM. Reason: content

Quote Originally Posted by Cpl Heglar View Post
    Hey send me a sand flea! I miss the little buggers!

(just because chulaivett1966 gave better advice than I can)
    Good one...Barnett could probably use a bit of levity at this juncture.

Thanks Marines. Glad to have some seriousness and some humor.
    I hope that I won't be around any sand fleas at San Diego.

East coast, west coast. A Marine is a Marine.

Just do what you are told. When things get beyond dumb, there is a reason for everything. You are going to hate life but live chow to chow, sunday to sunday. You will realize the routine of things and do your time. You will be stressed, dont run away or try to kill yourself. Lastly enjoy it. I would go back to bootcamp, honestly many Marines will say how hard it is. Sadly its the new Corps. You wont always have the priveledge of getting your 8 hours of sleep and 3 meals a day. PT every other day. Lots of drill and IT. Not as hard as when my grandfather was in.

Don't pi$$ your pants when your DI grabs you by your stack and swivel (that's a throat in case you didn't know).

Oh forgot...this is the all-volunteer force; they take an oath to be nicey-nice and can't cuss or touch you anymore. Wouldn't want to scare a recruit today.

Never mind. Have a nice vacation in sunny San Diego.

Guest Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Teamwork !!!

Good Luck Grasshopper

Quote Originally Posted by Tennessee Top View Post
    they take an oath to be nicey-nice and can't cuss or touch you anymore. Wouldn't want to scare a recruit today.

Never mind. Have a nice vacation in sunny San Diego.
    Wow....so....DI's have to work the recruits with one arm tied behind their back. <grin>

My....things have changed and I don't like it.
    I wonder what the older Marines/DI's think of this 'nicey-nice' pablum policy.

Back to topic...

Put your heart into everything, mind over matter, stay away from Maggies drawers, Good Luck, Semper Fidelis.

My best advice...When your feet hit those yellow footprints, and anytime you become discouraged, remember exactly why you are there, the goals you have set for yourself, and that you are not the only one to encounter the troubles that come with being a recruit. There have been many before you that made it through and there will be many after you.

Thread Information