My final six days. - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Also, I look forward to welcoming another Brother into my beloved Corps and into my extensive Family.Semper Fidelis.

Phantom Blooper
    Guest Free Member
    stay away from Maggies drawers
    But do your best to get into someones drawers before you leave....13 weeks is a long time.......

I enjoyed your post Top... as well as everyone elses.
    It really means alot to me for you Marines to help this poolee out. (Third person I know)
    I can't wait for that day when I will be welcomed into the Marine family.
    I know what the translation of Semper Fidelis is but I with soon learn the meaning.

From what I've heard about boot being softer makes me think that I'll be a bit
    disappointed.
    Either was I can't wait.

Oh you wont be disappointed. Just because they cant hit you doesnt mean your not going to feel pain in the pit every morning right after lights. Or my favorite you take your PT shower and then get thrashed while your still wet.

Ooh sugar cookies my favorite.

Keep the mentallity of : "It is what it is" "Life will get A LOT better after boot camp" "This is not how the Marine Corps is gonna be like" "Chow to Chow Sunday to Sunday" and you'll be alright... just remember those things and write your family and good luck... Don't get on your DI's nerves or life will be much harder then it needs to be... Either stick out in a good way or don't stick out at all.

You want advice well all i can say is lets hope you end up in hotel company becuase they thrash you the hardest out of all the companies in my opinion. Boot camp is only as hard as you make it. I use to go from sunday to sunday, chow to chow. sunrise to sun down. masters these and you will be fine. if i were you and you really want to prove a point to your platoon/ volunteer to get IT every chance you get because it will get you in shape quick, and your platton might have more respect for you. go out for guide or squad leader and it might get you a promotion to PFC, and if your already a contract PFC you may as well shoot to be guide, and then push even harder for honorman and get Meritorious LCpl out of boot camp.

I'm not sure where this quote is from or if some recruit just made it up....Anyway, it was written under my rack in first phase, I found it while field daying.

"As all seasons must, this too shall pass"

When things got stupid not only in bootcamp but in the fleet or on deployment as well, I would think of it. Good luck

This is good information. I thank you Marines.
    I'm shipping out tomorrow. Looking forward to reporting back as Marine.

Quote Originally Posted by Ceckert85 View Post
    You want advice well all i can say is lets hope you end up in hotel company becuase they thrash you the hardest out of all the companies in my opinion. Boot camp is only as hard as you make it. I use to go from sunday to sunday, chow to chow. sunrise to sun down. masters these and you will be fine. if i were you and you really want to prove a point to your platoon/ volunteer to get IT every chance you get because it will get you in shape quick, and your platton might have more respect for you. go out for guide or squad leader and it might get you a promotion to PFC, and if your already a contract PFC you may as well shoot to be guide, and then push even harder for honorman and get Meritorious LCpl out of boot camp.
    Must not have seen 3rd battalion, Mike Company Parris Island because our SDI was trying to break his old record and personally pitted us a a platoon 86 times. But Came in 190 and left 155

Well Marines I'm back as a Marine.
    It was a long road but I've came back with my head held high.
    I'll fill in details later.

2nd BN Golf Co
    Plt 2142.

Quote Originally Posted by Barnett20110425 View Post
    Well Marines I'm back as a Marine.
    It was a long road but I've came back with my head held high.
    I'll fill in details later. 2nd BN Golf Co Plt 2142.
    Well done....Marine.

Short of being an obnoxious photo bug make sure and get pictures of all locations, events and Brothers you served with during your time.

Carry on....good luck.

Thread Information