Scare me away
Create Post
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Scare me away

Scare me away

So I am smart and capable but I lack focus and direction. I have been admonished against joining the Marines in the past because they will "make me into a marine", but I do not see this as a negative. A few members of my family have served in the military and this has been a positive life choice for them, and I have yet to meet a Marine I did not like. I am 21, like to work outdoors with my hands, and can learn and follow instructions. I do think that I would benifit from being allowed to serve my country.

This all being said i have a request: I want you to scare me away from the Marines. Tell me why I should not join, or would not want to. I have heard some sad and questionable things about how our armed service members have been treated in recent years and would like to know if they are true or just fearmongering. I am not looking for abuse, I am looking for informed opinions.

Respectfully awaiting responses, and Thank You in advance

Last edited by Patriot90; 05-02-11 at 02:45 AM. Reason: spelling

Mongoose
    Guest Free Member
    Im not trying to scare you away. What you are asking is stupid. You need to grow up a little first.

Marine Friend Free Member USNAviator's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by Mongoose View Post
    Im not trying to scare you away. What you are asking is stupid. You need to grow up a little first.

Well said Billy. No profile, wrong forum. Don't see this one lasting very long

Quote Originally Posted by Patriot90 View Post
    So I am smart and capable but I lack focus and direction. I have been admonished against joining the Marines in the past because they will "make me into a marine", but I do not see this as a negative. A few members of my family have served in the military and this has been a positive life choice for them, and I have yet to meet a Marine I did not like. I am 21, like to work outdoors with my hands, and can learn and follow instructions. I do think that I would benifit from being allowed to serve my country.

This all being said i have a request: I want you to scare me away from the Marines. Tell me why I should not join, or would not want to. I have heard some sad and questionable things about how our armed service members have been treated in recent years and would like to know if they are true or just fearmongering. I am not looking for abuse, I am looking for informed opinions.

Respectfully awaiting responses, and Thank You in advance
    I'm the mother of a new Marine, my son graduated from PI on 4/15, and I think your question is both disrespectful and ridiculous.

You have family members who have served in the military and have seen the positive influence it has had on their life, but you still question it.

You're on WWW.LEATHERNECK.COM and you still question it.

Maybe you should consider another branch of service. The United States Marine Corps will make you into a Marine, but you need to have heart, FIRST. You seem to be lacking the heart and that could be detrimental to those who serve next to you since you may have to defend the life of your brother next to you.

My informed opinion as a new Marine Mom, is that you are not ready for the Marines. You said you're smart and focused, but lack focus and direction...Try the ARMY, I hear they Aren't Read to be Marines Yet!

Phantom Blooper
    Guest Free Member
    Scare me away

BOO!

DI's kick azz. You won't last 5 minutes without breaking down and crying for your mommy and you will miss Suzy Rottencrotch.

This thread as posted by Patriot90 smells to me. Even if it is honest questions, which I doubt, it shows a total lack of commitment on his part to become a Marine. Scare me away ? Read some books about the mission of the USMC and what it means to be a combat Marine in any war. We take casualties and we attack our enemy with relish and what it takes to be a Marine isn't just about being physically able, you have to possess the mental toughness and have the desire to be part of something bigger and more important than yourself. I think the response from SemperFiMom was outstanding and she is correct on her analysis of this post. Courage is doing something, despite your fear or reservations about it and from the words in this original post, I'd say you are lacking in this department. I do hope you consider this an informed opinion. And no profile filled out by you !

Sgt Lep is going to close this thread any way no profile no post.

Sounds real fishy to me Foxtrot like someone is trying to get Marines to talk smack about the USMC. That's why I posted he needs his mommy.

Probably a troll........

So...Patriot ever have your stuff pushed in before?

I fear that with fag's being allowed to join now that we'll be getting more questions like this.

Credits
    Savings
    Originally Posted by Patriot90

This all being said i have a request:
    I want you to scare me away from the Marines.

We won't need to. You'll do it yourself.

no profile, no answer.

I can't find a picture of a troll

Attached Images Attached Images

Credits
    Savings
    Ed, True Value was having a sale so you can have this one

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave2571 View Post
    Dan, we need a whole bunch of those cans around here. We'd go through em in the very first two hours
    Good thing I stocked up then.........

Thread Information