Osoma Bin Lade is DEAD!!! - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by SoftballCatch23 View Post
    You'll still be shipping out to MCRD.

And, just because Osama Bin Laden is now dead, it doesn't mean the that the threat of terrorism against the United States just went away....if anything, the threat of terrorism is at a high level now. Security will likely be ramped up to guard against possible retaliation.
    +1 Imsooo stoked!

Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Its confirmed that the Badass Navy Seals killed Osama

Quote Originally Posted by Soon2HaveEGA843 View Post
    Well what does this mean for us Poolees that are waiting to ship/DEP in?
    It means nothing, nothing in the sense that nothing whatsoever changes.

Just because bin Laden is dead, it doesn't mean the War on Terrorism is over. If anything, its going to get much worse. Al-Qaeda and the Taliban, and other groups are gonna be Hell-bent on revenge and try to avenge bin Laden's death. Plus, al-Qaeda is highly believed to possess a nuclear bomb which they have always threatened to detonate somewhere in the US if anything ever happened to bin Laden (whether or not that is fact or fiction I don't know.)

Even if it was the Grand Daddy of all terrorists, whenever you kill one terrorist, one hundred more are gonna be more than willing to take his place. Sadly, terrorism will never ever be fully defeated. The Marines will always have work to do, whether it is in Afghanistan, or anywhere else in the World.

We will all still be shipping.

Quote Originally Posted by RyanEisWerth View Post
    It means nothing, nothing in the sense that nothing whatsoever changes.

Just because bin Laden is dead, it doesn't mean the War on Terrorism is over. If anything, its going to get much worse. Al-Qaeda and the Taliban, and other groups are gonna be Hell-bent on revenge and try to avenge bin Laden's death. Plus, al-Qaeda is highly believed to possess a nuclear bomb which they have always threatened to detonate somewhere in the US if anything ever happened to bin Laden (whether or not that is fact or fiction I don't know.)

Even if it was the Grand Daddy of all terrorists, whenever you kill one terrorist, one hundred more are gonna be more than willing to take his place. Sadly, terrorism will never ever be fully defeated. The Marines will always have work to do, whether it is in Afghanistan, or anywhere else in the World.

We will all still be shipping.

navy seals did the job. 2 shots in his osamas head. so much respect for them..

Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by USMC Infantry View Post
    navy seals did the job. 2 shots in his osamas head. so much respect for them..
    1 in the head 1 in the chest

Its called double tap, its so quick you cant pick out the two shots.

So whos gonna be in Bootcamp On september 11th? I will, and word is they have an attack planned, gonna be weird being in bootcamp and being attack if it does happen

Quote Originally Posted by Tbrown10 View Post
    So whos gonna be in Bootcamp On september 11th? I will, and word is they have an attack planned, gonna be weird being in bootcamp and being attack if it does happen
    Don't mean to bring up an old thread, but I was wondering about this myself. I ship on August 1st so ill be right in the middle of bootcamp. There could be a special memorial service for all fallen Service members and kind of a, "You did not die in vain." kind of thing. I guess we will just have to wait and find out.

Quote Originally Posted by bposey8152 View Post
    Don't mean to bring up an old thread, but I was wondering about this myself. I ship on August 1st so ill be right in the middle of bootcamp. There could be a special memorial service for all fallen Service members and kind of a, "You did not die in vain." kind of thing. I guess we will just have to wait and find out.
    I think there will be a 5 second "this is why were at war" type of thing, then back to training

Quote Originally Posted by Tbrown10 View Post
    Lol, my expected Grad date is 5 days after the 10th Anv from this attack... Those attacks are what promted me to join the Marine Corps, not to mention my father served as a Marine Infantryman for four years

Thread Information