Leatherneck Reacts to Bin Laden death from 2230 1 May, REAL TIME comments - Page 9
Create Post
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by USNAviator View Post
    Master Guns when the books come out we will. BTW you and I both refer to DEVGRU as Team Six, are we really that old? Well hell I'm much older than you.........
    I knew it as Team Six way back too. They changed to DevGru shortly before the Panama Op to get Noriega. They wanted a total name change to clean themselves of any taint from Marcinko.

I talked to a couple of SEALS about Marcinko. They said he was pretty much the way he wrote about himself and most of his exploits were reasonably accurate. The SEAL community was upset with him for telling too many stories out of school about ops, tactics, etc. They did think he got screwed by the Navy - he made too many powerful enemies in forming Team Six and especially later with Red Cell. You know how admirals can get.

For now, it's this guy....

Marine Friend Free Member USNAviator's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulu 36 View Post
    . You know how admirals can get.
    Usually they were right up in my face.....lol!!! RHIP and doesn't it mean, Relativistic Heavy Ion Physics.......

I will be satisfied when I see pics of OBL corps . . . you know somebody snapped pictures of it . . . we saw Saddam's lifeless corps I want to see OBL
    gp

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by gpdesigner View Post
    I will be satisfied when I see pics of OBL corps . . . you know somebody snapped pictures of it . . . we saw Saddam's lifeless corps I want to see OBL
    gp

They have pics - fully admitted that. They're just trying to decide whether to release them as they are "gruesome." No sh*t. Somebody put two in his melon. I saw the Paki vids of the bedroom and I could recognize brains in among the large bloodstains.

Zulu wants to see the photos too.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave2571 View Post
    I'm sure we will. Eventually a book will come out and will it be a bestseller. I'd like to read the whole story about it. I think we'll find out all the details then. Looking forward to it.
    We wont know his real name for a long time, if ever. Just hang around Dam Neck and find the guy whos friends never let his glass run dry

Anyone read the book by the Delta Commander "Dalton Fury"? Yeah, only Gary Burnstein can come out w real names and such. There are a couple former Delta/Devgru guys that are public, but they all own training companies and only use it to insure credibility.

Well, I guess he's now sleeping with 72 sturgeons

bin Laden Is Dead With A Big Hole In His Head

Phantom Blooper
    Guest Free Member
    bin Laden Is Dead With A Big Hole In His Head
    That helps him sink faster to the whale shiat....

Haven't heard anything in two days about the royal newlyweds....

Guess it gives them time away at the secret getaway to do the loveshack on your back shuffle.....without the queen....daddio...and the country saying smile and wave for me....when all your thinkin' about is getting laid.

Obama to CBS: I won't release dead bin Laden photos

May 04, 2011
    Obama to CBS: I won't release dead bin Laden photos

President Obama told CBS's 60 Minutes today that he will not release photos of Osama bin Laden's corpse.

Obama made the declaration during a taped interview to be broadcast in full Sunday night, CBS reported.

Earlier post:
    CIA Director Leon Panetta, in media interviews and briefings to members of Congress, had indicated that the administration had planned to release post-mortem pictures of bin Laden, though other White House officials said a final decision had not been made.

The administration also has video of bin Laden's burial at sea, shortly after the world's leading terrorist was shot to death by a Navy SEAL during a weekend raid.

"I don`t think there was any question that, ultimately, a photograph would be presented to the public," Panetta told NBC News. "Obviously, I've seen those photographs. We've analyzed them. And there's no question that it's bin Laden."

The photos are also "gruesome," said White House spokesman Jay Carney, one of the reasons some administration officials -- presumably including Obama -- objected to their release.

The president and aides sought to gauge reaction to a photo release, including in the Muslim world and whether jihadists may try to use the photos as a new rallying cry.

Said Carney:
    There are sensitivities here in terms of the appropriateness of releasing photographs of Osama bin Laden in the aftermath of this firefight, and we're making an evaluation about the need to do that because of the sensitivities involved.

And we review this information and make this decision with the same calculation as we do so many things, which is what we're trying to accomplish and does it serve or in any way harm our interests. And that is not just domestic, but globally.
    The debate over whether to release the photos also played out across the country, as reported by our colleagues at the Detroit Free Press:
    National security law experts had mixed opinions, expressing many of the same concerns as the Obama administration.

"I would advise against releasing the photos," said John Radsan, a national security law expert, former assistant general counsel for the CIA and now a professor at William Mitchell College of Law in St. Paul, Minn.

"It will be seen as disrespectful or intended to humiliate by some audiences, and I doubt that it will satisfy the skeptics," said Radsan, a former Detroiter whose parents were born in Iran. "We are a visual society, and people want visual confirmation. But, at times, we have to take the word of our government, our military and our intelligence agencies."

But Imad Hamad, regional director of the American-Arab Anti-Discrimination Committee in Dearborn, said he has no problem if the government releases the photo.

"I'm fine either way," he said. "I can understand the logic that says we want to see the body ... but it could also spark more violence."

Troy attorney Shereef Akeel, an Egyptian American and Muslim, said: "It would have been more gratifying if the man had been hauled in alive to face justice."

http://content.usatoday.com/communit...laden-photos/1

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Well, here we go with the birth certificate issue again. Refuses to release easily produced proof to the world. Who cares if it upsets Muslims. They're already ****ed at us. Releasing the proof may actually settle a few of them down. May not, but who cares?

Marine Friend Free Member USNAviator's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulu 36 View Post
    Well, here we go with the birth certificate issue again. Refuses to release easily produced proof to the world. Who cares if it upsets Muslims. They're already ****ed at us. Releasing the proof may actually settle a few of them down. May not, but who cares?
    Agree Chris, a I posted in another thread this will just add more fuel to the fire. This whole thing has been mishandled since the word reached the WH that Geronimo was KIA. But I don't want to go political here

Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    I think this about sums it up!

Last edited by Sgt Leprechaun; 05-04-11 at 08:31 PM.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    They can post photos of innocent people jumping off the top of the world trade centers to avoid the fire.. but not a photo of this dead scum bag...
    Way to go Mr. President...

Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    And they can show the pictures of the PMCs at Fallujah.

Thread Information